5.0 out of 5 stars A revelation.....
This is quite simply one of the best books I have ever read. Someone bought this for me years ago and it has been at my side ever since. It serves equally as both an introduction to Tao or a daily companion to someone who is more versed in Taoist ways.
Published on 20 Feb. 2001 by xep21@dial.pipex.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Know what you read: this is not Tao
If you're searching for some common sense sayings and maybe help to cope with a too messy life, this book can be for you. But if you search something about Taoism, this is not a book you have to read. Start with the author Eva Wong; she has much to say about Taoism. Or from the English translation of Tao-Te Ching of Stephen Addiss and Stanley Lombardo.
Published on 27 May 2012 by TommasoG

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A revelation....., 20 Feb. 2001
This review is from: 365 Tao: Daily Meditations (Paperback)
A delight to read, it will reveal more and more to the reader as their journey through life progresses. Some chapters I have read over and over through the years yet each time, because circumstances change, it always means something different to me.
Everyone should own this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth purchasing, 8 Jun. 2001
neil999@hotmail.com (Manchester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 365 Tao: Daily Meditations (Paperback)
365 Tao is an all embracing book, covering 365 daily meditations on Tao. It is presented in a straight forward manner relevant to today's busy life styles. I would recommend 365 Tao to anyone interested understanding themself(s) further and the world we live. Also, an excellent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic from a contemporary Taoist teacher, 21 Mar. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: 365 Tao: Daily Meditations (Paperback)
This book gives a thoughtful reflection for each day of the year which reflects taoist ideals but does it in very modern language. Some observations made by the author can at times be quite shocking.
Even if you arent a Taoist you will enjoy the poetry which is to be found in this work. It is sure to become a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing..., 14 Aug. 2005
Mr. Darren P. Hammond "shadowdh" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: 365 Tao: Daily Meditations (Paperback)
This is a book that really can make you think... when I first bought it I was unprepared for how brilliant yet simple the insights this book have to offer would be...
This book is literally a treasure chest filled with gems, I would really recommend that anyone buy it read it and enjoy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Profound translations. Totally readable and interesting., 9 Feb. 2010
Stephen Luff "Stephen L" (Worthing, Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: 365 Tao: Daily Meditations (Paperback)
I have to say that this is such a wise book. Each little verse has the most profound translations by Deng Ming-Dao. Only someone with deep reflective wisdom would be able to express with such clarity.

If you use the amazon search inside of this book you will be able to read first hand the early pages of the book. The quality holds in other verses and pages as well. I am on around page 32. It sits by my bed now. I have bought over 500 books in the last 10 years. This is the first I've had by my bed as a book to dip into. I own a few 'dip into' types, however, none of them drew me to have it by my bedside. Wayne Dyer has a book on the Dao which I own. I much prefer this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, 4 Jun. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: 365 Tao: Daily Meditations (Paperback)
This is a book you can use everyday. I just followed the instructions. One meditation a day. When I started I wondered how thinking about something so simple could make your life better. I do not know yet how but I know it does. I highly recommend the book. Don't expect miracles, just do them by yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars this would be my desert island book, 17 Jun. 2010
Amy J. L. Soska "amy" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 365 Tao: Daily Meditations (Paperback)
beautiful. dip in and out or read cover to cover. i bought this years ago and turn to it when life seems complicated. this book is both grounding and liberating. i often quote from it when teaching yoga class. the simplicity and power of the images used to connect us to the earth and to the universe are humbling. a very worthwhile read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful wise book, 14 July 2010
Pan Pan - See all my reviews
This review is from: 365 Tao: Daily Meditations (Paperback)
This is an amazing book filled with wisdom and truth. I have had it for a long time and go back to it often, especially in times of stress. I recommend anyone interested in Taoism or Eastern philosophy to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most ESSENTIAL, 1 May 2011
Strawb "Strawb" (West country. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 365 Tao: Daily Meditations (Paperback)
My true introduction to TAO.
The most important book i Ever bought, so many, many years ago.
My copy's hanging now. Must buy a new one for me, but this one was a gift for a friend...
I'm buying Everyone copies these days coz we ALL need this book.
A perfetc introduction to DENG MING DAOs many brilliant books. Chronicles of TAO being my personal favourite.

365 TAO is a day a page read. It couldn't be simpler and it couldn't be Deeper, Bigger and more Beautiful.
And it doesn't Have to be read daily. Keep it on your coffe table for Friends birthday reads etc...

Spiritual Warrior is another essential "bible" of his i own and a high recommendation for the Taoist in you.

The WORLD NEEDS TAO. Start here, buy copies for friends and expand your Taosit reading daily. Benjamin Hoffs "TAO of POOH" is another essential good starter for beginners.

and in conclusion...
Deng Ming-Dao Rocks!!

BUY NOW!

Namaste Y'all.
strawb

5.0 out of 5 stars 365 Tao Daily Meditations, 2 Aug. 2009
This review is from: 365 Tao: Daily Meditations (Paperback)
A brilliant book. A daily source of inspiration for those following the life of the Dao. A great way to start your day with a different thought to carry with you throughout your work. Well recomended

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

365 Tao: Daily Meditations
365 Tao: Daily Meditations by Deng Ming-Dao (Paperback - 3 Dec. 1992)