5.0 out of 5 stars A Story of Reclaiming One's Power
Published on 14 Jun. 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars A light read with hidden gems.v
A light read which I enjoyed. It states that it is a true story at the front of book but I feel there has been quite a bit of artistic licence, never the less worth reading. The women portrayed are fascinating and reveal several hidden gems.
Published on 24 Nov. 2011 by Sunshine

5.0 out of 5 stars A Story of Reclaiming One's Power, 14 Jun. 1999
This review is from: Medicine Woman (Paperback)
What stands out to me, ten years after first reading this book, is that it represents so clearly the way that women easily give their power away and then develop blind spots to having done so. Lynn's ordeal reclaiming the marriage basket from Red Dog is a metaphor for my own process down this road. After all these years, it is still a strong milestone for me in my personal growth reading. It's also simply a wonderful and entertaining story. I highly recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars so inspiring, so intriguing, so beautifully written, 3 Jan. 1999
This review is from: Medicine Woman (Paperback)
This was a book that could not be put down, a book that was so amazingly written. Lynn Andrews has much power..as a woman and a story teller. So many different insights are told in this story that have so much to do with each and every readers lives. All women can relate to her teachings in one way or another. We all nee d to step back..and realize how much we can learn from our sisters...and from our Mother Earth. The Native way is the Way... Happy trails...

4.0 out of 5 stars back to nature and our life itselfe, 3 Jun. 1997
This review is from: Medicine Woman (Paperback)
This is a book about a normal persons whay to a world some dont think of as normal.
Lynn mets a indian woman thats start to teach her about herselfe, all woman and the nature of mother earth...
It makes U wish we all had a teacher like that so that we all could se with open eyes about life and peopel....
Lynns experienses with this woman is a great story even if U read it just for fun.

3.0 out of 5 stars A light read with hidden gems.v, 24 Nov. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Medicine Woman, 16 Jan. 2014
Mrs. Linda Breen (Gosport, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medicine Woman (Paperback)
The first book I've read by Lynn Andrews and I loved it. What a brave and naive women Lynn was on this adventure. I felt empowered by her story to dare to look further in to the shadows of myself and embrace my femininityb

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Medicine Woman (Paperback)
Loved this book. It follows a Spiritual journey through Native American culture and female empowerment, as well as being an exciting, scary and heart-racing page turner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Medicine, 14 May 2009
Just re-read this book after 20 years of first reading. Enjoyed it even more than when I first read it! Motivated me to read more. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book., 9 Mar. 2015
Lovely book. Great price. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed, but with good info, 14 July 1998
This review is from: Medicine Woman (Paperback)
The woman who wrote this book used the teachings she was given without permission, the sort of behavior that gives European Americans a bad name. The book is somewhat flawed by a self-indulgent focus on herself, though the information she passes on is valuable. Please give these teachings the respect they deserve without idealizing the author.

Medicine Woman
Medicine Woman by Lynn V. Andrews (Paperback - 1 Oct. 1983)