Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 14 August 2014
This is a sheer festival of fun. It reminds me of my life-time desire from childhood to my now extended years, attempting to be something of a cook. Admittedly, my earlier years lacked the stimulation of alcohol, but this book is one woman's experiences of trying to tackle edible offerings whilst enjoying herself; different yet totally honest of the outcome. Those who are not budding celebrity chefs will probably identify and laugh along, as you surely will, with Hannah's exploits. She admits, although it doesn't take rocket science to work out, that nothing she attempts is ever really original. Her book, however, certainly is.

Her views on procuring loving relationships via the stomach and how to hang onto them, (love not gastric banding), are hilarious. Her descriptions of the effect of alcohol on the body are similarly humorous, 'a face like a sweaty tomato when the bar closes and the lights come on'.

Hannah Hart has produced a book lavishly illustrated with her anecdotes, advice, photographs, misfortunes, dodgy recipes, calamities: you name it and it is within the covers of this wonderfully entertaining book. Warmth and love of life radiantly come through. Keith Floyd would have loved it too.
on 2 January 2016
This book never fails to make me laugh!! I treat it like a short stories book, and occasionally open a random page/recipe, which ends up brightening up my mood! Hannah Hart is witty, funny, and has a mysterious way of giving you life tips through her inedible recipes!! Ok I say inedible, there are a few relatively good ideas there haha but if you are a serious foodie, this is not a cookbook!

Let me explain: Each recipes spans over one or two pages. For each recipe there is an accompanying cocktail/drink recommendation, ingredients (never too serriousssss) and plenty of puns, comedy and picture, with life tips inserted there in a beautiful fashion.

It also helps if you've watched Hannah Hart's videos on youtube so you can envisage in what style the book it written!

Cons: It's not a 'serious' recipe book, but a creative pun sarcastic funny one :) which is not really a Con but just a FYI!

PS this book most definitely does not belong in the kitchen but in your backpack, car or wherever you can access it for a quick cheer me up laugh!!

The book is of great quality,
on 15 October 2014
It's less of a recipe book, more an food-based inspirational memoir.
Hannah Hart is one of the most instantly likable people on the planet, even in writing. Her unique turn of phrase and excessive punning will have you giggling, no matter how stoney and cold your heart may be.
When you finish this book you will feel like you've made a new, and wonderful friend. A friend who will have given you a few pearls of wisdom, a few ideas for life and probably the urge to get drunk...
on 13 August 2014
I read this cover-to-cover as soon as it arrived. I'm a huge fan of Hannah Hart, not just because she's hilariously entertaining but because she also has so many positive things to say and cares enough to share them with others. You may not learn great culinary skills from this book but it will leave you with a warm feeling in your hart-o (boom boom). Funny, honest and life-affirming, just like the author. So good I hugged the book when I was finished.
on 28 September 2014
I bought this as a gift for my best friend who had mentioned Hannah's book and YouTube channel before. She loves the book and talks about it profusely sparking my interest in Hannah Hart. After buying it, I decided to check out Hannah's channel and have been hooked to My Drunk Kitchen since, having now watched all past episodes! Would definitely recommend it to anyone who is a YouTube enthusiast or knows someone who is!
on 4 November 2014
Hilarious book! It has the right amount of humour and inspiration. I never thought a cook book would be something I would sit and read from start to finish. This book must have been a true milestone for Hannah and it is an excellent one at that.
on 19 August 2014
Y'know when someone is just magic, and you say that you wish you could bottle it up and keep it? Hannah has done just that, albeit in the letters, lines, and pages of a book, rather than the old bottle and cork job.

The recipes are great, the life advice is on-point, and Hannah's essence just shines throughout. It sounds cheesy, but this is just so much more than a cook book. There are anecdotes and snippets of advice and puns and wisdom nuggets and hugs. It is Hannah, in book form.

Dick-tator is by far my favourite recipe, which sucks, as I am a vegetarian who is intolerant of potatoes and dairy, but I will be making it for my friends and I will be paying it forward, encouraging them to buy a copy of My Drunk Kitchen: A Guide to Eating, Drinking, and Going with Your Gut.

PS. When John Green writes the foreword, you know it's going to be great!
on 13 August 2014
Such a wonderful book. Perfect as a treat for yourself or a present for someone. This book encapsulates Hannah in every word.
on 14 August 2014
Wise, insightful, touching and unflinchingly honest. Hannah Hart captures the very essence of her YouTube creation and adds so much more to it in this wonderful publication. Part autobiography, part self-help and yes, part actual cook book, this is genuinely laugh out loud funny from start to finish ... with many sections that are also incredibly moving. If you're already familiar with "Harto", you'll wind up even more in love with her. If you're not, prepare to meet one of the most interesting, intelligent and entertaining people on the planet.
on 17 August 2014
I've been looking forward to reading this since Hannah first announced that she bagged herself a bookdeal. Needless to say I wasn't at all disappointed. Insightful, punny, hilarious and full of the bubbly harto personality we've all come to love, I can't recommend this enough! Now I just have to wait (eagerly) for Grace's book to come out (gracesguidebook.com y'all) and for Mamrie's book to be released for pre-order!