‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Kaidan Rowe *swoon*, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Sweet Peril (Kindle Edition)
I've come to the conclusion that Kaidan Rowe is a lot of the reason that I love this series. As he's trying to stay away from Anna to keep her safe from the Dukes, he's missing for most of the first half of this sequel and it did impact my enjoyment of it. Anna is travelling with Kope to visit some of the Nephilim who they think will be on their side when the time comes to fulfil a prophecy spoken by Sister Ruth, the nun who was present at Anna's birth. Anna thinks Kaidan is no longer interested in her, and I was really hoping she wasn't going to turn to Kope for comfort.

At long last, Anna's dad gives her permission to travel to LA to speak with Kaidan and Blake. From this point on, my interest was peaked one hundred fold. I just couldn't put it down from here on out.

Anna and Kaidan are brilliant together. Whether they're arguing or making out, it's really enjoyable being with them. And things do get quite steamy.

I really like Anna. She's tough, but also really sweet, caring and extremely loving, and now that she's been trained to fight, she's kick ass too. And she can cook, a fact which manages to turn Kaidan on.

I enjoy the English slang in this series. It's something that's completely familiar to me in everyday life, but in the books that I usually read, it's quite unusual so I thought it was a nice change.

This series has some great secondary characters too. The twins Marna and Ginger, Blake, Patti and Anna's best friend Jay. For some reason, I never took to Kope, though it could have been that I always feared there was a chance that he'd get with Anna, even in the first book, Sweet Evil, they seemed to get a little cosy.

The Dukes are completely depraved and unremorseful. The way they treat the Neph is despicable, they have no regard for them whatsoever, not even their own off spring. And with threats they've made against Anna, Kaidan was right to be staying away from her. Now it seems things may be about to get even more dangerous for her.

I'm really looking forward to the third and final book in this series, Sweet Reckoning. It just can't come soon enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 30 Aug 2014
This review is from: Sweet Peril (Kindle Edition)
I was not disappointed with the second book in this Trilogy. As the story unfolded and more characters were involved in the plot, the story became more and more interesting as well as being addictive.

Besides Anna and Kaidan, Kopano was another one of my favourites. I found this book to be another page turner and to me one of the best YA novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Peril, 31 Aug 2013
Ronda (Newcastle England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sweet Peril (Kindle Edition)
I had high hopes for this book after reading book one.... and I think most of us will agree that when we wait for a book coming out, we forget some of the storyline or the little things that happened... and when the book is finally released, it can sometimes take a while to get back into it.... not with Sweet Peril - I remembered every bit of book one and when I started this book, it fell into place immediately...

I bloody loved the first book, the adventure that Anna embarked upon and how she fell for Kai... in this book, Anna is sent with Kopo to find allies, she has heard the prophecy and needs to ensure there are those who they can trust on their side and ready... in comes Flynn and Z as two of the new allies...

Things obviously happen along the way and Kai steps in - I absolutely love Kai, I have a soft spot for Blake too but Kai is just the hot leading man we need... Anna's dad has some things to answer to but I kinda like the guy - Patti I love, she is such a special lady... it was lovely to be re-acquainted with the characters from book 1 and the new ones in book 2 were good to get to know..

The book twisted sooner than I thought, I found myself in tears at one point but then my heart was in my mouth at another point... the way the book end is an open door for the final book and it is one that I will be eagerly anticipating...

I love these books!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 1 Aug 2014
This review is from: Sweet Peril (Kindle Edition)
Yeah, I really really liked this one, and even bought the last book in the trilogy before I finished it because I am that hooked on the story and in need of knowing how it's all going to end. I've found it very addictive and all my other books have gone on the backburner while I finish this series. If you haven't read it yet, you really should. Amazing!

I love all the Neph gang; Kaiden, Blake, Kopano, Marna...not too sure about Ginger yet, though.

Straight onto book 3!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Sweet Peril (Kindle Edition)
I'm loving the second book as much as the first one... I couldn't stop reading it.... just loved ever word

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet peril, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Sweet Peril (Kindle Edition)
Anxiously waiting for the next one, these books just have me hooked! 29th can't come soon enough just wish it wasn't the end of the series soon

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Series!, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sweet Peril (Sweet Evil Trilogy) (Paperback)
This is an amazing series, I loved reading both books and absolutely adore Kaidans character! I most definitely recomend it. I am eagerly antizapainting the next book 'Sweet Reckoning' as I have already pre ordered it online :) go ahead and read this book and I doubt it will disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Peril, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Sweet Peril (Kindle Edition)
After reading sweet evil, I couldn't wait to get my hands on sweet peril. And believe me, the book didn't disappoint. Ok, the wasn't as much...tension...then there was in sweet evil, but there was still a few hot scenes to help me get through the book.
The plot was really good and picked up from where it left of in sweet evil. The development of the characters were completely believable and I really enjoyed it!!
Don't keep me waiting to long for the last book in the series!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is swoon central! Kaiden Rowe, Y U NOT REAL?, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: Sweet Peril (Sweet Evil Trilogy) (Paperback)
WARNING! DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU HAVENT READ SWEET EVIL!

I fell in love with Sweet Evil as soon as I read it so when I found out that there would be a sequel I was ecstatic. Angel books are always a bit iffy; the minorities of them are completely terrible but every now and then a miracle happens bringing something amazing into our lives! The way I feel about this series is indescribable but I'll try putting it into words for you guys.

So I had some trouble getting hold of this book in the UK, which happens a lot! Make note publishers that we do like to read too. Amazon kept changing the date of which it would be released so after a rage cancellation I ordered it on the Book Depository, oh how I love that site.

There's not much that I can say about this book other than it was everything I had hoped it to be! The book picks up a few months on from where the previous had ended, we jump straight back into the world of Anna Whitt. I was thoroughly surprised that she had changed from a total wet blanket to a hardcore badass in such little time.

I really enjoyed Anna and Kopanos journey around the world as I felt that it gave us a chance to not only learn more about Kopano but the other characters we met in the first book and some new ones on the way! However I was most excited when Kaidan made his return to the story. He brings heat to the book and I mean the good kind, with those stormy blue eyes and delicious good looks what more could we want? Oh! Well the fact that he's a total sweetheart deep down really adds to his wow factor.

In the first book Anna discovered what she was and worked towards getting some answers. I feel that this book is the build up for bigger things to come and with that the author has gotten the pacing completely right. I admit I was a bit letdown when I realised that this was a lot shorter than Sweet Evil but I guess we cant have everything given to us at once.

This sequel is a perfect middle book for a trilogy as it doesn't give away too much of whats to come, this allows us to open our minds to dream about what may happen in the last leg of the journey. If you haven't picked up this series yet then what are you playing at? Get yourself a copy and give it a chance!

5.0 out of 5 stars The YA Bookshelf, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Sweet Peril (Sweet Evil Trilogy) (Paperback)
I went in to this book fully expecting to fall even harder for Kopano & Anna instead I came out with a heart bursting with Anna and Kaidan feels.

Yup you heard right...

Me, the girl who all but declared that she felt only friendship between the two, is now a fully-fledged Kaidan & Anna fangirl. Wendy Higgins finally got to me ;).

Fear not though because I didn't completely forget about my boy Kope ;)... Nope in fact Wendy did such a great job with developing his character along with Zania's that I know ship the both of them together haha =))... Confused enough yet? :P

I loved getting to know about the other Nephs. It was one of the things I looked out for in the book and hopefully we get to see more of them in the third book :D

Wendy did an a-mazing job with book number two of this series, it was even better than the first, something I hadn't thought possible in trilogies. The action is fast-paced enough to keep the attention of someone like me but it never overpowers the other themes in the book. Every character & every plot/sub-plot had equal development and was just as interesting as the others.

My interest in trilogies/series books wanes eventually (normally after the second book) but I can honestly say I CANNOT WAIT for book three of The Sweet Trilogy Series which is a definite first for me ;)...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sweet Peril (Sweet Evil Trilogy)
Sweet Peril (Sweet Evil Trilogy) by Wendy Higgins (Paperback - 20 Jun 2013)