Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 January 2014
Great read, follows on from the The quickening series and provides many spoilers so definitely read the Quickening series first. If you enjoyed that then you will enjoy this. Considering it is a stand alone novel, it has great character development, plot build up etc. Another great Fiona McIntosh read.
on 3 January 2014
The book started well with many interesting avenues opened up. But the development of plot strands was lazy or lacking. I stuck with it to about 90% of the book because of the early potential but by that point had no desire to see what happened next.
on 15 December 2014
For all who enjoy fantasy this is a good book. Even better if you are aware (and have read) of the world that McIntosh writes in. This is an excellent follow on to the other tales she has write and the events of the previous books are alluded to. The only downside is that she didn't draw the story out in to a trilogy, I get the feeling that perhaps she had written this to please fans of her other fantasy books and the result is a tale that doesn't have the twists and turns of her other work. Which is unfortunate as I enjoyed the fact that I often could not guess the out come. I hope that McIntosh chooses to write again in this world as I enjoy what her imagination had created but this book almost felt like a farewell to it.
on 24 May 2013
An excellent read, following on and dipping into other trilogies - allows your imagination to run, are there parallel worlds linked through magic.... Another well written book by Fiona MacIntosh that you just don't want to put down.
on 13 March 2015
I haven't finished it yet but it is great to get back to Fiona McIntosh's books again. Since reading a couple of her other trilogies, I haven't enjoyed another book as much. Looking forward to getting back to it!
on 18 March 2013
Myrenns Gift now that was a trilogy, I was riveted. This book was not quite at that level. Its a truly good book and its a definite reread its just that Myrenns Gift was a hard act to follow.
on 16 April 2013
As always Fiona McIntosh has created a page turner... I particularly like her character development ... highly recommend this Author to anyone who new to fantasy stories. Enjoy!
on 7 March 2013
I really enjoyed this book, although I didn't get quite so sucked in as with Myrrens Gift. But if you're a Fiona McIntosh afficionade, you'll love it.
on 18 May 2013
Excellent read as always from Fiona McIntosh. Nice that she could revisit an old word that we all miss. Great characters and a real page turner.
on 22 January 2013
I enjoyed the book very much, I find the storyline of two different worlds quite exciting.
I always find Fiona McIntosh's book interesting.