4.0 out of 5 stars Long live the "Anglosphere"!
Published 14 months ago by Sofia

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh
Catchy title. Interesting initial read, but too intellectually thin to keep reader engaged.
Published 1 month ago by HO

4.0 out of 5 stars Long live the "Anglosphere"!, 22 Jan. 2014
Daniel Hannan's book is a timely and refreshing reminded of how the unelected Eurocracy has ridden roughshod over democracy. His historical sense is generally good: our involvement in Europe has always been bad news for Britain. Our institutions and so different, and what he says about the importance and uniqueness of the "Anglosphere" is very valid. The only criticism I have is that he does not recognise (and perhaps does not know much about) the inventors of democracy, i.e. ancient Athens. It is interesting to think that today's internet would permit universal and direct online voting on all issues by the citizens of our vast modern states and thus reinstitute the full democracy of the ancient Greek city-state, when all the citizens met to vote on everything after listening to the views of the politicians.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book may have changed my life, 27 Dec. 2013
I have lived half my life in Australia and half in London. I love both these countries and also the USA where, to my misfortune, I have been only rarely. The preamble to the Declaration of Independence is the closest thing I have to a creed. So, you will gather that I was predisposed to this book. The difference that it has made to me is that now I absolutely KNOW that the Anglosphere is worth fighting for. In the broad of things, I am utterly unimportant. But I am going to do what I can to keep alive the values that people, much greater than I, have died for. And I'm going to find a way to meet Daniel Hannan, so I can shake his hand.
(Note my copy is an E-Book download from Amazon)

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book, 25 Feb. 2014
A brilliant read and an important and valuable work that should be essential reading for everyone. The premise behind this book is vitally important.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 6 Feb. 2015

3.0 out of 5 stars Did it realyy invent freedom?, 25 April 2014
I was advised on this publication by a facebook friend. It might be somewhat confusing, idealistic and arguable in content, but it is supporting to some extent my own arguments concerning the Norman Invasion, and its consequences on English life since Saxon times.

Inventing Freedom: How the English-Speaking Peoples Made the Modern World