4.0 out of 5 stars Great novella
The Earl in My Bed is book 2.5 of the Forgotten Princesses series, but it works very well as a stand alone novella. I haven't read the previous books and I didn't feel like I was missing something- although now I definitely want to read this series!

Published 11 months ago by C. Halford

3.0 out of 5 stars Forgotten Princesses book 2.5
The Earl in My Bed is a sweet little adult novella that ticked all the boxes. I am more used to Sophie Jordan writing YA, having penned the very popular Firelight series, but here she proves that adult romantic literature us well within her grasp as well.

Published 12 months ago by Kate Phillips

3.0 out of 5 stars Forgotten Princesses book 2.5, 12 April 2013
Kate Phillips "Kate" (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Earl in My Bed: A Forgotten Princesses Valentine Novella (Mass Market Paperback)

I really liked this story of forbidden romance and passion. I thought the story was well developed despite its length. The characters are likeable; I admired Paget for thinking of herself, so often in books the characters are forever falling onto their swords and giving up their happiness for the sake of others, it is all very admirable but these characters need to think of themselves to and finally we have a character that does that without coming across as selfish.

Jamie is Darcey like; he is quite cold, quite restrained and finds the wait or propriety and earldom heavy. He wants to be left alone and can be surly, but behind the exterior there is a softness to him that it endearing. I loved the chemistry between the characters and the steamy scenes were very good.

The Earl in my Bed suffers in the same areas where most novellas do. The end is a rush and at complete odds with the rest of the book which builds at a nice pace. Quickly wrapped up endings seem to be a plague where novellas are concerned. Apart from that I enjoyed this and would have loved it to have been a full length novel. My interest in this series and in Sophie Jordan as a romance writer has been gained.

1.0 out of 5 stars i can't believe it., 30 Aug 2013
What a waste of paper. How this ever got to be published is beyond my comprehension. Characters unreal. lot's of repetition.
no story line at all. I won't even put this in the charity shop the only thing it's good for is recycling. This may sound harsh. But even romance fans need a well written book and a good story line with people they can relate to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great novella, 26 April 2013
C. Halford "Rookie Romance" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews

Paget has always expected to marry her childhood friend, Owen, but recently she's realised that she couldn't marry Owen because she doesn't feel 'that' way about him. She wants passion and love from her marriage, not just friendship. When she bumps into Jamie, Owen's brother, the chemistry between them is electric. At first, she struggles with this because she's never liked Jamie, but she starts to see underneath his gruff exterior to the real Jamie.

Jamie begrudged Paget when they were children, because she was lively and close friends with his brothers, Owen and Brand. He felt left out as a child, and developed a cold and surly exterior. When they meet as adults, Jamie can't deny his strong attraction to Paget, and an irrepressible need to have her for himself. Of course, this battles with his guilt at leaving Owen in war-torn India.

The characters were both really well-developed for a novella. The whole story was well-paced, until the end, where the ending felt a little rushed.
I loved that the characters took the opportunity they had for love, and didn't let themselves give in to feelings of guilt and duty. Their chemistry was fab, and the romance was believable and passionate.

I really enjoyed this novella, and it's whetted my appetite for the other books in this series. I'm really looking forward to reading Owen's story as well!

*I was provided with an eARC by the publisher via Edelweiss, for my honest opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great., 8 Feb 2013
Elaine "Elaine" (Clacton on Sea, Essex) - See all my reviews
It must be very difficult to write a good book, but even harder to write a shorter book. I have probably only read about four or five excellent short stories worthy of 5 stars. Sad to say, this isn't one of them.
A good plot and characters, but as with short stories it does not delve too deeply. I found it a little boring too. But I had to purchase it as I keep ALL Sophie Jordan's work, and very much prefer her earlier romances.

Elaine

5.0 out of 5 stars the earl in my bed, 9 Sep 2013
Maureen E. Henderson (scotland) - See all my reviews
the earl in my bed was a briliant book worth reading i will be buying more of sophie jordan books from now on

ARRAY(0xb413db1c)

The Earl in My Bed: A Forgotten Princesses Valentine Novella
The Earl in My Bed: A Forgotten Princesses Valentine Novella by Sophie Jordan (Mass Market Paperback - 5 Mar 2013)
2.48