5.0 out of 5 stars Unsinkable a memoir

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Unsinkable a memoir, 21 April 2013
Mrs. S. Hall (England UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unsinkable: A Memoir (Hardcover)
I am a great fan of Debbie Reynolds so I was eager to purchase the book when it came out. I could not put the book down once I started it. There are a lot of highs and lows in her life and she was not afraid to let everyone know, and she did rise above it all like a true great lady she is. If you love anything about Hollywood then this is the book for you, you do not even have to be a Debbie Reynolds fan. The book is well written, interesting and certainly worth every penny of the purchase price. Debbie has had an exciting life so far and long may she continue to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the 1st, 27 Dec. 2013
This was even better than the first book,the first one was about Hollywood,
and film marriages,but this one lets you know,the way she was conned,
out of her money.
And bounced right back great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars musicals, 6 Jun. 2013
JanP "Molly May" (Wiltshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this book very much. Being about the same age as Debbie Reynolds, I used to go and see all the musicals which took me to a different world, as I lived in London during the war and after, when things were a bit bleak, so musicals were an escape from everyday life. I wish they made them to-day.
Her life has been full of ups and downs, but she comes across as very resilient and very feisty, she is very forgiving about things that have happened and comes across as a nice lady.

2.0 out of 5 stars Debbie, you disappointed Me, 6 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Unsinkable: A Memoir (Hardcover)
I didn't like this book. It appears to be a rehash of her previous autobiography with little new to say except to write and write about her envisaged museum for her Hollywood memorabilia. Her obsession with the museum was, to say the least, boring. I do admire her tenacity and her great love for her children. Totally delighted that her old adversary, Elizabeth Taylor and she became friends again. Even to the extent that Elizabeth left her some jewels in her Will. I hadn't realised she had appeared in "Will & Grace" as Grace's mother. All in all, it looks like she wrote this book it to make money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Star as well as human!, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Unsinkable: A Memoir (Paperback)
A totally honest and extraordinary account of her life by a remarkable person.
Managing to be a major Star as well as a compassionate human being at the same time is some feat.
Even when her last husband, who had treated her pretty shamefully, went missing, she still cared deeply
about what had happened to him.
I am full of praise for her talent as well as her personal qualities.
No one is more worthy of the Lifetime Screen Achievement Award than Debbie Reynolds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unsinkable Miss Reynolds, 15 May 2013
This review is from: Unsinkable: A Memoir (Hardcover)
I have read the first memoir that Debbie Reynolds wrote some years ago. This memoir continues from there to the present day. It is obvious that Debbie Reynolds is a strong woman to have coped with all that life threw at her: Divorces, bankruptcies, her daughters' illness, betrayals by friends and her third husband. But she is truly unsinkable! This is a story of her life in Hollywood, and yet she rises above the tell-all of so many other autobiographies. It was an enjoyable book.

4.0 out of 5 stars she was and stilll is a hard worker!, 30 April 2013
K WHELAN "40s Hollywood" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unsinkable: A Memoir (Hardcover)
I enjoyed this book. Debbie comes across as very nice person who has had a lot of bad luck in her lifetime which she has overcome with hard work. I did not realise she had made so many movies. I also share her love of the MGM Musicals. I remember the war years, as a child, watching those fantastic technicolour films after coming in to the cinema from a blacked our London. Her book was pure nostalgia for me!

3.0 out of 5 stars Debbie Reynolds, 19 May 2014
Wasn't what I expected, thought there would be more about her personal life, was way to short wouldn't recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed each page, 29 Aug. 2013
Never a big fan of Debbie but hey what a life !!! I was surprised and will watch with renewed insight her great talent ,

5.0 out of 5 stars The amazing life of Debbie Reynolds, 29 July 2013
It was well written, and very easy to read, you could tell she had a humble beginning, because she never forgot it,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Unsinkable: A Memoir
Unsinkable: A Memoir by Dorian Hannaway (Hardcover - 2 April 2013)