5.0 out of 5 stars Your imagination unleashed
My daughter LOVES this book and now has a 'Daring Book for Girls' bag packed to take with her whenever we go out. The breadth of things covered is amazing; tree climbing, knots, spies, but it also feeds the mind - she wants to watch Elizabeth and has expanded her reading list too, all because of things in this book. Buy it
Published on 15 Mar. 2009 by Ms. R. A. Foley

2.0 out of 5 stars I received an imported American Book...
The copy I received is an American book. This would be great if you're in the States. But I'm not - and I bought this from Amazon UK.

Published on 15 Feb. 2013 by Jeremy

2.0 out of 5 stars I received an imported American Book..., 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Daring Book for Girls (Hardcover)

About half the book isn't going to be of interest to my girls. For example theWomen Inventors/scientists section pretty much just features Americans, the patent facts are all American. In the Bird watching section - you're looking out for Blue Jays, American Robins, American Tree Sparrows. There's lots about softball, John Adams, New York Tides, The US Constitution etc etc

I could go on but you get the picture.

Spelling - obviously all US English too.

There has to be a UK edition or this one just wouldn't sell here. Avoid it.

Poor show Amazon.

---- EDIT ----

Thought I take a punt on a secondhand copy (couldn't understand all the 5 star reviews) and got what appears to be a UK edition.

Completely different content and can now understand all the rave reviews.

The UK one has a pale green cover. Make sure you get that one. (You'll probably have to buy it secondhand.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Your imagination unleashed, 15 Mar. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 3 Jun. 2012
This book is like being a scout , without the badges ,I still have it on my book shelf ready for when my daughters get a little bigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab reading, 12 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Daring Book for Girls (Hardcover)
These books are great. Some rather tongue in cheek information which adds to the entertainment value. Some really useful hints and tips. I bought this book for a "grown up" friend for Xmas and also received a copy in return (great minds thinking alike). It is a great reaqd that gets picked up time and time again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Daring Book for Girls, 1 Feb. 2009
Mrs. Brenda Leake "piglet" (Stockport, England) - See all my reviews
Very good book for my eleven year old grand-daughter. Lots of ideas and lots to do. Also plenty of interesting information. She is a girl guide and it fits very well with that. An excellent book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 27 Jan. 2014
Nik (Solihull, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Daring Book for Girls (Hardcover)
Bought this for my 10 year old daughter for christmas and she absolutely loves it. She follows lots of the ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun-filled book for all girls (and women!) aged 8 - 80, 8 Feb. 2010
April Slocombe (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Hardback Review
After having looked at my dad's 'The Pocket Dangerous Book for Boys: Things to Do,' I decided to purchase this book to see if it had any similar content. Although the book is complex in parts, it is still packed with fascinating facts and fun activites to do. It even made a perfect resource for making origami boxes in my calligraphy class.

There are some sections that remind me of my own childhood such as Handclap Games, Skipping, Campfire Songs (although I have never sung around a campfire) and Charades (a fun game from my childhood). I will definitely buy 'The Double Daring Book for Girls' one day. 5/5.

Kindle Review (Updated 18/2/2011)
I recently downloaded the Kindle version of this book to my iPhone and most of the content is the same as the hardback book but it's actually the original American version! I wish the UK edition of the book was available in Kindle form to cater to the tastes of British fans of the hardback book. The good thing is that if I go away on holiday, I will no longer have to worry about lugging around a heavy book. 4/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the rebel in all of us, 15 Nov. 2007
H. Clinton (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
It's been a daring adventure reading this book, and well worth it. This is a light fun book that's not just for little girls. This is a crafty little book for girls of all ages, it will make a great Christmas present or just something special for you to relax and enjoy.

Also recommended Understanding: Train of Thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Jan. 2015
No problems noted

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book but pls note that it is geared towards American kids, 20 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Daring Book for Girls (Hardcover)
7 year old daughter loves it and has learnt to make a Cootie Catcher, several skipping rhymes and all about female pirates. My only gripe is that this is geared towards American children so many of the heroines are American and I don't suppose any of the birds in the birdwatching section are to be found in the British Isles. However, most sections are appropriate to daring girls the world over. We're happy enough.

The Daring Book for Girls
The Daring Book for Girls by Miriam Peskowitz (Hardcover - 27 Mar. 2012)