5.0 out of 5 stars Brom
Published 22 months ago by Kerry

Having thought that The Child Thief was awesome, I bought this with high expectation. I am enjoying it but perhaps, I didn't read enough reviews ahead of my purchase.
Published 9 days ago by CageyUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brom, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Krampus: The Yule Lord (Hardcover)
Another wonderful take on myths/fairy tales by Brom, whose art I am absurdly in love with. Though 'The Plucker' was a little boring, 'Child Thief' and 'Krampus: The Yule Lord' are fantastic, creepy, haunting and utterly delightful. 'Krampus' in particular is unusually grungy and earthy for a novel about a Christmas 'beast' that punishes naughty children at Yule by beating them with switches, or alternately stuffing them into a bag and dragging them off to be drowned.
The one disappointment of the story is how quickly Brom meets, greets and is done with certain characters, such as Santa's wife Perchta, and his six... um... other wives....
Nevertheless, I would absolutely recommend this book for any fan of modern takes on myths, legends or fairy tales, mocern gothic novels, or Brom in general.
Of course, if you like that sort of stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend that you seek out 'Child Thief' by Brom as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful and dark!, 30 Dec 2012
What do you get when you mix Santa Claus feuding with a giant horned philosophical demon, a paternal musical bum squaring off with a crooked police chief to get his wife and daughter back, and an underground drug family holding the reigns to a small, desolate southern town? The answer is a wacky, imaginative, and too often thought-provoking thrill ride from the twisted, brilliant mind of author Brom. "Krampus" is exactly the nutty holiday tradition you want to fall into. I'd be more worried you didn't, actually. Because Krampus, as they say, is coming to town.

P.S. If you enjoyed this book, do yourself a hell of a favor and buy Brom' s masterpiece "The Child Thief," a tour-de-force murderous re-imagining of Peter Pan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 4 Sep 2013
John (Charleston, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Krampus: The Yule Lord (Hardcover)
I am not an ardent reader of this genre, but I find the story fascinating. It is well-crafted on an interesting premise. Great opening chapter and well-observed characterization. The story is smooth and very descriptive. Brings to mind Ngoko's Folly and The Werewolf Society Box Set. Great creativity.

5.0 out of 5 stars krampus, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Krampus: The Yule Lord (Hardcover)
Enjoyed from cover to cover changed my view on Santa ,was he good or was he bad is it only a story

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Book, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Krampus: The Yule Lord (Hardcover)
This is a really nice book, with great illustration and a nice plot, I didn't finish yet, but I'm really looking foward to know what is going to happen in the end

3.0 out of 5 stars Having thought that The Child Thief was awesome, I bought this with high expectation, 10 Dec 2014

Krampus: The Yule Lord
Krampus: The Yule Lord by Brom (Hardcover - 15 Nov 2012)