5.0 out of 5 stars Lulu in the Sky - Reader Review by WelshTricky, 24 May 2012
This review is from: Lulu in the Sky: A Daughter of Cambodia Finds Love, Healing, and Double Happiness (P.S.) (Paperback)
I have now read all 3 books by Loung Ung. First They Killed My Father, Lucky Child, and most recently Lulu in the Sky. These books are humbling, they really made a connection with me.
Lulu in the Sky was a great testament proving that YOU are shaped as the person YOU are by your experiences in life. We become the people we are today because of our life experiences, heart breaks, hard times, laughter and tears.
Lulu in the Sky proves that there can be happiness out there, even for those who seem to have lost a lot, maybe even everything. Loung Ung is such a great writer. Her stories are harrowing, sometimes sad, sometimes very positive and happy. I have learnt such a lot from all three books, which has helped me be strong through many of my own personal and testing times. I now know that there will also be happiness waiting for me somewhere in my future. I have a fuller understanding of the genocide in Cambodia, and the strong determination of the Cambodian people to overcome adversity and make sure that life continues. Loung has managed to gain strength and double happiness thanks to her determination to deal with problems. It has encouraged me to too. I will at least try. Thank you Loung. Happy life to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Oct. 2012
All three of the books that Loung Ung has written on the Cambodian genecide offer an amazing perspective on the attrocity. Really respect the author and the work she does.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 Dec. 2014