Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 April 2009
This is a good addition to the story of Supernatural. It fills in some of the history of John Winchester and the boys providing some interesting titbits of information that, so far, have not been in the show or the graphic novels. I say so far because there is a new graphic novel due out at the end of this month.

If you want to know more about Sam and the effects the Yellow Eyed Demon have had on him, check this out. Want more info on Dean and the car, look here. Want to know why John was so Paranoid and Dean so protective then buy the book. Just want to know more - there is more in this book!

Supernatural lover or obsessive check it out because there is a lot of back story that fills in some of the gaps left by the show.
on 26 May 2009
Well worth the money, time and effort I spent on this product. I love Supernatural so it compliments the show. Interesting to read about the boys upbringing and background to the Winchesters. Good to see the story backgrounds to the lores and legends that we see on Supernatural. A fab find. Spooktastic!
on 11 August 2013
I am fan of Supernatural so it was a must to buy this book for me. It is a real diary where you can read about certain events in Sam and Deans life (some of them mentioned in the series) but also learn more about supernatural creatures, legends and historical facts. If you enjoyed Supernatural then you must have this book.
on 18 March 2015
A great read. Don't need to recommend it to SUPERNATURAL fans as they will buy it anyway. But for anyone interested in urban legends or myths it is also a good read as the SUPERNATURAL team are very meticulous in their research for the show and any of the creatures or ghostly entities can be found on line in various cultures, as can the Latin incantations. I gave it 4 stars because the look of the book disappointed me. I didn't expect to see "typed" text. I thought the publishers would put a handwriting font on the text to really mimic John's journal; reading it in typed form spoilt it for me a little, as did some of the sketches. John's stick figure of a Wendigo is visually "famous" in the on screen journal but in this book it's a real artists kind of sketch. Minor points really but it mattered to me. Notwithstanding it sits proudly in my bookcase and is a great pick up and read kind of book and outlines the origins of the Winchesters as hunters very well.
on 27 December 2009
I bought this book as I'm an Avid Fan of Supernatural.
I drive my family mad but they know that the programme is great.
This is a must buy for any fan as it fills in some of the information about their father ans what he was feeling when Mary his wife died.
I would recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of the show.
on 6 May 2016
I am such a huge fan of Supernatural so I was really happy to find this on here! Great reading for fans, it includes a lot of back story about John and the boy's early life, as well as lots of cool info about monsters and magic! I really enjoyed reading this - it's a must have for fans. Came in perfect condition.
on 13 November 2014
Have read this book and love it. This book follows John Winchester and his two son's Sam & Dean just after the death of his wife John knew that something was out there and it killed her he goes hunting for the thing that did it but on his way he comes across other supernatural creatures. John takes the boys along with him and he meets some other hunters like Bobby Singer. Must read for all die hard Supernatural fans if you want to find out the before story behind the boys we see on our screens today then get this it is his journal that shows up in the first episode of Supernatural
on 11 February 2014
it fills in a lot of holes, and if you watch the show -and are an avid fan like me- you can pick up a few references, like when Sam "doesn't want to go bow hunting". I loved it, though there are some passages that confused me, must be in latin or something like that, but there is also info on different monsters, some that aren't on the show. You can also tell how John changes, over the course of his different journal entries, for example he writes a whole page on his feelings on Marys' death on the day their anniversary a year later but they get smaller and more focused on 'what killed her' and revenge rather than 'the boys' or his own well being, which i think describes his character in the show well. It also ends the same way it did on the show, when John goes missing. I recommend this book for anyone who is a huge fan!
on 4 September 2012
I downloaded this because I am a fan of the TV series. It is nicely written, and goes into plenty of details about the different characters of the show, human or otherwise, and has a lot of illustrations. I do have a few criticisms regarding the book. I had to totally skip past the pages of exorcism rites (because they are in Latin, which I can't read), some of the pages list cases and dates which is hard to concentrate on, and finally some of the book is in old English/American, for example 'Ye and olde etc. That said, this is really me just nit-picking. For me, I want to re-read the entries, the illustrations. Obviously, if you've never heard of, or seen Supernatural, it probably won't be your cup of tea, but for any fan interested in the back story, it's well worth a look.
on 27 December 2010
I think this is the perfect book for any Supernatural fan, you get more detail about the life of John Winchester and the creatures involved in the programme.