Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 February 2013
I just got this for iPad as I didn't want to wait for the paper book in the post. You can zoom in on any text you want to make it bigger, or see the photos close up. It shows you in pictures step by step what to do, and also shows the materials needed. The book is in colour throughout. So that part is great. HOWEVER... right from the start there are serious problems with the pattern. Several pages are completely missing from this Kindle version. I couldn't make heads or tails of it (har har) so I purchased the paper book instead. Right away it all made sense -- the paper book has all the steps and is great but THE KINDLE VERSION IS FAULTY.
on 11 November 2012
i was so excited about this book when i saw the look inside review for kindle. i bought it straight away and was all ready to start crocheting. however, on my kindle the text is no more than a millimetre high and totally impossible to read. i am technofeeble and i am waiting for my daughter to transfer the text to my pc. i am hoping this fixes the problem, so, beware. i will update my review when i can read the book.

transferring to pc does not fix the text problem. i emailed amazon and had a reply within half an hour. they have deleted the book from my account and sent me the paperback within 48 hours. well done amazon and thank you.

this book is beautiful, the photos are gorgeous and the choice of breed is amazing. i have got used to the pattern layout quite quickly and have had success with every dog i have attempted. they are adorable in real life. highly recommend in paperback form.
on 4 May 2013
I was really looking forward to creating these cute little doggies. However when it gets to the actual patterns they are not size able on the kindle or PC and they are just too faint and small to easily read. I think this is probably great as a book but just doesn't work in kindle format. :0(
on 3 July 2014
First the good bits, beautiful pictures of cute little dogs, I couldn't wait to start. However I had not realised the instructions are as charts, which I have never used. I have had a go and I am sure I will master it in the end but I would much rather the instructions were set out row by row. The text that is present is in a very small font and quite pale, making it quite difficult to read, the charts are similarly quite pale and I think I would find them easier to follow if perhaps larger or bolder.
on 9 July 2013
Love it! Very clear instructions and can't wait to try out the excellent variety of cute dogs to make. The section on how to start the actual crocheting is excellent. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is interested in producing small presents for doggy friends or to start a collection for yourself.
on 8 January 2014
I tought myself to crochet last year and had never done anything using a chart. This book is very instructive and I enjoyed making my first project using the book.
on 4 May 2014
bought for my wife along with book 1 and some crochet pins. She loves them. Always been a craft orientated person, she is delighted with the stuff we got, so far.
on 1 March 2015
Cute patterns - fun projects. Could be a bit challenging for beginners to crochet but worth persevering. Good way of using up small balls of wool.
on 24 May 2013
I found this a very good buy. Took a while to get to grip's with how the pattern's are set out, but isn't difficult to work out once you get used to it. I would recomend this to anyone who wants some quick & easy crochet puppies.
on 6 May 2016
I thought being a few years on from reviews of being unclear on e-readers these issues would be sorted and the book worth having. But no, it isn't clear and the pages are all small or 4 pages on one screen. Disappointed.
review image