Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 January 2010
The reason for buying this book was because I'd always seen inspirational quotes from Eleanor Roosevelt so decided to see if she'd written any books. As it turns out she's written loads but this one seemed to be the essence of her learning and experience.
Its a brilliant book, so elegantly written and easy to read. It was written in 1960 so some of the references will obviously be out of date(eg the cold war and Russia). But other than that her observations are spot on. You finish the book feeling motivated to get out there and experience life and try to be a better person in the process. It'll be a book I will definitely keep and re-read.
on 10 April 2012
you need this book ! So inspirational and wise. She def knew how to make the most out life. A timeless role model for all women with family values. A very special book to read over and over again.
on 29 November 2012
I an a keen fan of Eleanor Roosevelt and am keen to read all about her and her own literature. This book is an fabulous read. She is such a sensible lady and this book makes so much sense. I love it. I feel that I want to give it to my children to read - but I bought the Kindle edition so I can't pass it around like I usually do with the books I want them to read! Its not a big book so it is easy reading. Highly recommended.
on 7 July 2014
Beautiful, clever and inspiring, this book is like sitting at the feet of the wisest possible grandmother while she pours the wisdom of the ages into your ears.
on 17 February 2013
.....and that's what this book gives. Even though this is written some time back in the day, the words of wisdom are as appropriate now as they were then, perhaps even more so. Eleanor Roosevelt would be a president today if she were still with us. Great gift for anyone.
on 24 May 2015
A book of great wisdom, beauty and humility. Filled with Eleanor's, simple but polished heuristics for living a rewarding life. An advertisement about the benefits of liberal minded thinking and the acceptance of others and acceptance of oneself.
on 27 May 2013
I learnt so much from this book. It is full of wisdom, great advice and insights. I was moved and challenged by it and will keep referring back to it in the future i'm sure. Everyone must read it!
on 1 December 2013
What Commencement this lady speaks,every one should read it!! I read one of her books years ago (disappointed cant remember the title) would love to read in again, think it was her life story ,
on 8 January 2014
Loved this book - Eleanor is an old soul & has timeless values. Her style of writing is easy to read and very warm. I've read this twice!
on 26 January 2014
Great book with lots of fundamentally useful life lessons even for someone like me in their mid 50's. Inevitably a bit dated in parts. An easy read and an insight into the woman herself.