5.0 out of 5 stars Could be my new favourite...
Published on 16 April 2012 by Alice in Wonderland

2.0 out of 5 stars Humph!
Published 9 months ago by maggie

5.0 out of 5 stars Could be my new favourite..., 16 April 2012
I read this book the second I had finished the first book in the series, A Night to Surrender, and I stayed up till 4 in the morning reading this book in one sitting, it was completely non-puta-downable. Everything about this book is good. The characters are beautifully flawed and extremely human (despite both being extremely attractive) and the building love trust and dependenrcy between them was both believable and extremely moving.
Minivera Highwood is a scientist. Having found the discovery of a lifetime she wants to go to Scotland to present it the the Royal Geological Society of Scotland, she has a plan not only to get herself to scotland, but also a way to got the annoing Colin Payne away from the beautiful good and delicate older sister Diana. Colin Payne is a very endearing viscount who after a traumatic and fatal carridge accident when he was a child does not travel in closed carridges, does not travel at night, and does not/ can not sleep alone. He also has a habit of causing explosions, both literaly and figurative where ever he goes, but yet has a rule never to ruin an innocent woman, which if he goes to Scotland with Minivera will undoubtedly happen. However despite all this, he finds himself helping Minivera, and as they brave many adventures, and find themselves pushed time and time again out of their comfort zones, they start to fall in love, and realise that they are what they have always been looking for.
What I paritcually loved about this book, was there was no misunderstandings that drove Minivera and Colin apart, it is just a sweet and extremely funny story about how they fall more and more in love with each other, without being at all boring or predictable. So glad I found this book, I can see myself re-reading again and again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, definate must read!, 1 April 2012
This is the first novel I've read by Tessa Dare and I'll definitely be purchasing the others in the series. I don't usually write reviews but as someone who reads a lot of romance novels this really has been a breath of fresh air. The H&H Colin and Minerva are both strong characters, Colin is very funny and creates a lot of humorous scenes in the story. How the romance develops between the two is believable, and the plot moves quite quickly with new events always happening as they travel to Edinburgh. I found it very enjoyable to read a story where the H&H don't fall out over a misunderstanding, but instead they gradually fall in love as the story progresses and they spend more time together. If you like Julia Quinn at her best you'll love this. It's romantic, funny, with never a dull moment; a definite must read for romance readers!

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely fantastic, 11 Aug 2012
P. J. Davey (England) - See all my reviews
Without a doubt the best book I have read in a very long tme! cannot recommend 'a week to be wicked' enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 21 April 2014
I really enjoyed this book. I thought the characters were very well written and I look forward to the next book in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous historical romance, 15 April 2014
Loved the characters... The rake and the geologist! Another brilliant Tessa Dare novel. Can't fault it. Even made me appreciate the romantic potential of the name Colin!

2.0 out of 5 stars Humph!, 22 Nov 2013
I know I am in the minority but I just could not get into this book at all. I did not really care about either the hero or heroine, found them both too needy and average. I found the book too wordy and did enjoy the storyline at all. Bit of a disappointment really as I bought this on the good reviews it had been given but it just was not for me at all. Did not bother finishing it in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super dooper, 30 Oct 2013
Very, very good read. I couldn't wait to get through it and was dissappointed when I had finished. Was funny in places and I loved both characters. A real escapade across the countryside! Tessa Dare presented a new take on the regency romance.

5.0 out of 5 stars A week to be wicked, 16 Jun 2013
Yet another winner. I really enjoyed the feisty vulnerable heroine and the damaged handsome hero. And the way the story follicles along.

4.0 out of 5 stars Got to read the next Spindle Cove story now..., 15 May 2013
This review is from: A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove) (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the second in a series of stories Tessa Dare has set around the fictional town of Spindle Cove. I really enjoyed reading this story. I love the period (regency) anyway, and this was a fine example of the genre. Well written, good pacing, with a loveable heroine and suitably roguish hero. Only problem is, now I've got to buy the next in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Spindle Cove episode yet!, 8 May 2013
From start to finish, this is a fantastic romp of an adventure, with all the usual elements (overlooked but far from ordinary heroine, irresistible bad boy hero) ably complimented with a dash for Scotland (though not Gretna, for once), highwaymen, tall stories galore, and a good measure of emancipation. Brilliantly done Ms. Dare!

I've enjoyed the other books in this series and Tessa Dare's other novels, but this is my favourite of them all.

If you feel in need of a rollercoaster ride of a romantic novel, this is the book for you. It's first class!

A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove)
A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove) by Tessa Dare (Mass Market Paperback - 5 April 2012)
5.66