4.0 out of 5 stars Great contemporary romance
God I loved Amy so much. Out of all the romantic heroines out there, Amy is probably the one I could relate to the most in just about every way except I don't have a sexy fireman best friend to be in love with (anyone want to lend me theirs?!). Loved her love of Austen and cats <3.

In spite of my love for Amy, this book has to lose a star because of Logan's...
Published 9 months ago by Dreams Unwind

1.0 out of 5 stars A Destiny Novel. Great author, but fell short this time.
Published 22 months ago by Detra Fitch

1.0 out of 5 stars A Destiny Novel. Great author, but fell short this time., 27 Aug 2012
Detra Fitch (USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Willow Springs: A Destiny Novel (Avon Romance) (Mass Market Paperback)
Amy Bright is the well-known owner of the bookstore, Under the Covers. She is also well-known as Destiny's best matchmaker. Her two best girlfriends are finally getting married and Amy is pleased that it is due, in part, to her. But who would help the matchmaker make a match? Amy already knows the man she wants - Logan Whitaker. Amy is completely gaa-gaa over the good looking fireman. Problem is that Amy is too shy to tell her longtime friend how she feels about him.

A fireman is all Logan had ever wanted to be, but after a tragedy on the job, he is rethinking his career choice. After a month of depression, Logan is finally getting better - thanks to Amy. She never gave up on him. Logan is beginning to notice Amy in a different way. Somehow, when he was not looking, Freckles had blossomed. Logan probably would have continued to look differently at Amy if things in town had remained the same as always. Instead, Anna Romo shows up in town. Anna is the little sister of his best friend, Mike. She had been abducted at the age of five. Now, after twenty-five years missing, Anna has returned. And she is knock-out hot!

Feeling unable to compete with Anna's beauty, Amy is left in the shadows. Knowing she must do something or forever regret it, Amy decides to become Logan's secret admirer, sending him sensual love letters. The steamy letters do manage to capture his attention, but unless something happens soon, Amy will lose her heart's desire to Anna and have no one but her cats to love.

* ONE STAR! I have always enjoyed stories by Toni Blake. This is the first time that I feel let down. I cannot help but find it too hard to believe that no one had ever thought of Amy as a potential girlfriend. She was pretty, inside and out. She was honest, loyal, trustworthy, friendly, and (I repeat) pretty. So how could she be over thirty-years-old and still be an innocent virgin? I simply could not bring myself to really believe it. As for Logan, he often came across to me as shallow. He was warming up to Amy when the sight of a more beautiful woman suddenly had him turning his attention elsewhere. He even asked Amy to help set him up with Anna. (Granted it was before he found out Amy was his admirer, but even after he knew, Logan was blinded by Anna's looks.) No guy could possibly be this dense. Anna's character is harder to describe. Anna had no idea that anything was blooming between Logan and Amy. When she did know, she never bad mouthed Amy or tried to steal Logan away. She just waited for him to decide what he wanted. So I never felt any hatred toward Anna. Besides, Anna was still reeling from learning that the woman who had raised her was not her real mother AND that she had another entire group of strangers in Destiny who were her biological family. As for Logan, while he was thinking about being in a relationship with Amy, it actually crossed his mind that if it did not work out, then at least he would still have Anna. Well, (in my eyes) that belittled Anna too. For the first time in all of Blake's wonderful stories, I found the lead male to be a major prick.

I seldom review a book that I do not consider to be worth three, four, or five stars; however, the character of Logan just "burned my biscuits" (as my grandmother would say). Please, if you are considering a good book to buy, I would recommend any other title by this author. Toni Blake really is a fabulous storyteller. *

Reviewed by Detra Fitch of Huntress Reviews.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great contemporary romance, 14 Sep 2013

In spite of my love for Amy, this book has to lose a star because of Logan's idiocy in the middle of the book.

Willow Springs: A Destiny Novel (Avon Romance)
Willow Springs: A Destiny Novel (Avon Romance) by Toni Blake (Mass Market Paperback - 26 Jun 2012)
4.67