Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 May 2012
I bought this book to take on holiday but couldn't wait,finished up reading it in 2 days.Glad I did thought it was a great read,been a Hag fan for years and years so it was a must have.
on 25 June 2013
Merle has lived the life that other Country artists can only sing about, so this is a totally extraordinary personal story, although some of the ground was covered (literally) in Hag's first biography "Sing Me Back Home" from 1981.

Nevertheless it's a great read.
on 18 June 2013
It semms that I made a misstake. I thougt it was the CD album. I have a miner problem with Reading. But I Know one who, will be happy at Christmas evening
on 17 April 2013
Good story content but poor finished covers.
Anyone who has followed this man for over 40 years will relive a dream performers life.
on 3 March 2013
I t was a great book could not put it down, what a great man he turned out to be
on 15 August 2015
Interesting man. A free spirit who didn't do very much wrong but paid a high price. still, his later years made up for it. If you like true country music and a voice that can sing, take a listen to some of his songs. He's lived the kind of life some men only dream of.
on 16 May 2016
Could have done with a better editor, in fact, a better write. But the basics are there - he had a trouble life and his music reflected that - and we love his music.
That's it.
cc
on 25 April 2014
Still reading it and enjoying as much as Sing Me Back Home!!! What a life he has had.... He is my favourite country singer!
on 23 March 2016
Well written true to life of one of countries greatest stars his legend will live on forever my all time favourite artist
on 5 May 2015
I would recommend this book to all of Merle Haggard Fans.