Blood Riders
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange
Price:£6.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 3 December 2012
I ordered the sample of this book mostly out of curiosity - I have not read much 'western horror' so I was intrigued but didn't really expect it to be to my taste. I was wrong. This book hooked me from the beginning with its superb characters and plot. So I bought the book and enjoyed the best storyline, imagination, and well drawn characters I have come across in a long time.

Its kind of Louis L'Amour meets Bram Stoker with a generous helping of Heath Robinson and of course the authors own inimitable style, it could have been a disaster - it was, instead, a triumph.

The book ending sort of leaves things open for a follow up ( or, dare I hope, a series).

Highly recommended to anyone who enjoys westerns, horror, fantasy or just a damned good book.

Sue Birch
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 11 January 2014
Blood Riders is a perfect example of a great concept ruined by its execution. It's the Wild Wild West meets Vampires and it wears its B Movie, Steampunk influences on its sleeve with loving pride. Too bad the clunky prose and goofy dialogue almost ruin the whole thing. It's an easy read though and the characters - with the exception of the weak villain - and set pieces will keep you turning the pages.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again