on 12 September 2012
This book would be suitable for children but would be more appropriate for grown up art-appreciating fairy tale geeks. The illustrations are consistently breathtaking; even the inside cover provides a LOT to look at. Egneus' illustrations are thought-provoking and intriguing, with words and images hidden in layers of the main pictures; they provide the perfect accompaniment to the Grimms' original text, which is well worth owning in itself if you don't yet have a full copy. I would write more, but I would just be repeating myself; the bottom line is, this is a five stair product and everybody should buy it. :D
on 22 September 2013
I could lie and say I bought this fairytale for my children but to be honest it is too beautiful for them. Gorgeously illustrated, each image is stunning in its use of images and typography. I would recommend this for anybody with a love of illustration.
on 5 March 2015
I was recommended this book by my University and after a while I caved in and treated myself. I'm currently a second year Illustration student at University and designing my own children's at the moment, and I thought this would make great influence! I was certainly right.
Definitely recommend to any illustrators out there looking for some inspiration. Daniel Egneus will be an artist I will look at further.
on 23 July 2012
This is a really stunning book.
Would be a nice gift to an older child or someone who appreciates lovely illustrations
Am really happy with this book,and would recommend it.
on 16 March 2014
This book was purchased as a gift, following the recipient having seen a copy elsewhere. It was well received as having a different artistic approach to this well known story.
on 11 January 2013
I love this book! I would recommend to those who like this style of illustration. Just beautiful illustrations and traditional tale.
on 26 February 2015
Beautiful illustrations, a pleasure to read for adults or children (not too squeamish ones).
on 19 January 2015
Good packaging. Item as described.
on 3 February 2015
Amazing illustrations in a book!