Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 24 November 2010
Such a hilarious book - I've been howling with laughter since the first few pages! Emma's totally and completely nuts - she sought audience with the king to force her husband to attend to his husbandly duties, which, in her (completely lacking and innocent) knowledge, means sharing the bed - literally. When her second husband Amaury is faced with the challenge of showing her what exactly happens between a husband and a wife on their wedding night, she thinks his extra appendage a deformity, wonders at the lack of toes at the end of it and how it can grow like it does. Such a classic humour. I love it!
on 16 December 2001
I have never been a reader of romance before, preferring science fiction and horror but after reading this book I have since read and bought romance. This book had me laughing out loud and I was unable to put it down until finished, which was unfortunately 3am. Even if you have never read romance before, give this book a chance as it might change your mind.
When this book came out, I was running a bookstore that found 75% of its monthly income came from romance readers. I received the poster about three month before it's release and put it up on the wall - and sold dozens and dozens on preorder because of the poster. This was unusual since most of my regulars bought by authors they knew. I feared there would be a mass groan when they did not like this author that was totally unknown.
Well, it was completely the opposite. They bought because of the cover, but everyone one of them came back and demanded to buy everything she had written. We had a lot of snarls, when they were told this was her first book, so we would have to wait until she wrote more.
And she has been writing SUPER books ever since!!
She gives you lovely, tender romances...but also, laughter so hard it brings tears to your eyes. Very few writers can move me to laugh out loud and Lynsay always does!! There is no writer like her today in the romance field, though I now see many trying to copy her. But her Emmaline and Amaury are gems. Her characters are engaging, charming and intelligent, but that does not mean they cannot find them in wildly humourous situations.
I shall not spoil the fun about "the deed"....but leave the sheer pleasure for you to discover!!
on 15 July 2014
Highly recommend this author to those of you who enjoy a great storyline, read this book.
Full of romance, passion and true love, just a good old fashioned read, ticks all the boxes.

Handsome hero who gets a deserved happy ever after and a strong feisty, yet innocent, women who knows her mind and goes after what she wants.
Lots of humorous moments, laugh out loud types of misunderstandings and funny quirky ideas.
Strong character depictions for main protagonists and lesser roles in the tale.

Evil lurks, there are several attacks against the heroine and her new husband, with clever scheming and betrayals, all defeated by loyalty, love, friendship and trust.

Loved this book!
on 21 August 2013
it a very good story of that era romance trial of the couple being in love together and apart but win in the end
on 31 August 2013
This book was so good. Fabulous hero and heroine and so much humour. I laughed until it hurt at some of the antics of the characters in the story. Will absolutely be searching for everything and anything by Lynsay Sands to read now.
on 30 July 2013
I like the Argeneau series and decided to look at this. At times I found myself laughing which was not the intended result. The history seemed "off" so I actually checked some of the things.
That any woman could be married, and not know how children are conceived, in an era that was overwhelmingly agrarian is most unlikely. No matter how sheltered dogs, horses and every other animal would have been part of everyday life and showed what was expected on a wedding night. Trying not to give anything away here but inevitably failing.
Interesting twist on history with a woman marrying a Duke and then taking that title and being able to give it to her new husband rather than it going straight to the next married heir on her dead husband's side. Would not happen today let alone several centuries ago.
That said it was an enjoyable read that readers of social history will find funny and other readers can just enjoy the fairly light plot.
on 8 May 2015
started reading the story but put it down within the first chapter. wished i had not bought this book.
on 6 December 2015
Didn't enjoy it
on 4 May 2013
I have read lynsay sands before and liked her writing so I was quite eager to read her historical romances .. I was not disappointed the story line funny and highly entertaining certainly worth a go