4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and slightly creepy!!, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Deadly Cool (Hartley Featherstone) (Paperback)
Deadly Cool is a very entertaining book that will both scare you and make you laugh out loud! Full of mysteries, this book will have you hooked until the end.

First off, the characters were extremely fun to read about. Our main character, Hartley, will take you on an exciting journey that you will not forget! I must say, Hartley is a very strong girl, she's just found out that her boyfriend has cheated on her and she didn't exactly find out in the nicest way. And when Hartley visits her boyfriend's house to find a girl dead in his closet, she doesn't know what to think. What should she do? Her (ex)boyfriend is being accused of murder but she knows that he didn't do it. Hartley meets bad boy, Chase, who might know who killed the girl in the closet....

I really liked all the characters, they all had their own unique and fun personalities that I just fell head over heals for. Chase, the boy who wears all black, the boy who just can't stay away from trouble, the boy Hartley grows ever close to. I loved all the flirting and the awkward conversations. Teenage relationships are complicated and definitely awkward and I just think that Gemma Halliday has done an amazing job at writing about it.

The plot and mysteries were just so gripping! The book will keep you guessing until the very end. The question that runs through your head through out the book is, "Who's the killer?", and I don't think you will be able to guess...unless you want to give yourself a head ache.

I can't wait to read more about Hartley and Chase and where their snooping skills will lead them to next. I recommend this to everyone who loves a good mystery with a side of humor.

5.0 out of 5 stars =), 15 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Deadly Cool (Kindle Edition)
After I read and loved High Heels Mysteries, I decided to read more of Gemma Halliday's books so I got this one and loved it. Id defiantly recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Deadly Cool (Kindle Edition)
Love gemma Halliday another great story on to book 2 of the series now I wonder what's next for Hartley

5.0 out of 5 stars easy read, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Deadly Cool (Kindle Edition)
I read all the reviews and thought I would give it a go, am so glad I did, it was fast paced and I was hooked from the first page.

5.0 out of 5 stars murder mystery, 3 Jan. 2013
Thinker - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Deadly Cool (Hartley Featherstone) (Paperback)
Great murder mystery aimed at teens, good writing, set in modern times, exciting tale, first in a series, would reccommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Fun, 1 Jan. 2013
Kat (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deadly Cool (Hartley Featherstone) (Paperback)
I'm always dubious when someone tells me a book is funny - maybe it's my own sarcastic sense of humour, or the fact I've been let down by so many books that are billed as funny but rarely even make my eyebrow twitch that I'm always a little wary.

Deadly Cool definitely surprised me in that it actually IS a funny book. Hartley is an awesome character, brave and smart but also has an amazingly sarcastic sense of humour without coming across as too much of a smart arse.

The storyline of Deadly Cool itself is fairly straightforward - after Harley discovers her (now) ex-boyfriend has been cheating on her, she finds out he's also the number one suspect for the murder of one of her classmates. So despite the fact that she's epically pissed-off with Josh, she believes him when he says he didn't do it, and sets out to find out who the real killer is.

Deadly Cool isn't a 'deep' read, but that's not the aim of the story - it's a funny, quick read, that kept me flipping the pages, just to find out what happened next. With a cast of interesting characters, from the all-too-pure chastity girls, the cheerleaders, and a cute, dangerous guy, I loved this book, and I can't wait to read Social Suicide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 22 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Deadly Cool (Kindle Edition)
I have also read a few other Gemma Halliday books and enjoyed them, this is my favourite though. The story follows Hartley as she tries to clear her cheating boyfriend's name after he was accused of murder. I thought the book was going to be horrifically deep and boring... it wasn't! It was so funny i was laughing out loud so many times i got kicked out of the libary... whoops!!!

So Hartley and her best friend Sam have to clear Josh's name before the cops find him, (he's on the run if that hadn't yet twigged!) And then we have the introduction of (deep breath) Chase. Wow, what can i say about Chase... He. Is. Gorgeous!!!! Omg i could go on and on about how hot he is but that would probally be mildly boring for you guys. (Read the book and you'll understand!)

So the three of them get to with trying to find the murderer until Hartley finds another dead body... Dum dum DUM!!!Yeh, so i won't ruin it for you but i couldn't work out who the murderer was... i sat for ages pondering and still came a blank! There is much phone hacking, meeting anonymous tipsters and hilarious banter. i recomend this book to anyone who loves a good mystery and i can't wait for the next one!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Deadly Cool (Hartley Featherstone) (Paperback)
Bought for my boyfriend who loves the book.

Deadly Cool (Hartley Featherstone)
Deadly Cool (Hartley Featherstone) by Gemma Halliday (Paperback - 20 Nov. 2011)