5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday Read
Published on 2 Oct. 2012 by H. Gargett

3.0 out of 5 stars The jury is still out......
I brought this book as I really enjoyed the LA Candy series, but I must say the jury is still out on this one! I've brought the second book in this series Starstruck so we will see if Lauran Conrad can turn things around. This book seemed rushed and a little same as, as her previous books.
Published on 16 Jan. 2013 by Gene Charles

5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday Read, 2 Oct. 2012
H. Gargett "pink_paw" (Yorkshire UK!!) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fame Game (Hardcover)
I have all the other Lauren Conrad books, they are my go to holiday reads. Had to stop my self reading it until I went on holiday which was hard, because I wanted to see where the story carries on. There are a few characters from the last series books, but the main leads from those are no longer in it. I would recommend reading the first three before getting into this one. It is just like watching a reality TV show really and sadly find myself gripped from chapter to chapter. This coming from someone who likes more adult fiction!It took me about five days of my holiday to read, and I was reading super slow in between sunbathing, normally probably could get through it in two nights! This isn't a book which will challenge anyone and you don't need to think when reading it but Lauren is a good writer you have to give her credit for that and when you think her target audience is under 20/ early 20's its not bad. I am slightly older but have been a fan of Lauren's since Laguna Beach when I was in my early twenties so sort of grown up with her!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving Lauren's style, 2 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Lauren Conrad: Style (Hardcover)
Having watched the Hills I wasn't really a fan of the show, however I was a fan of the straight talking and effortlessly stylish Lauren Conrad, who amongst us hasn't copied at least one thing she wore on that show? side braid anyone?

This book is full of basic but useful information on how to put together a decent wardrobe, being a little older than the target market for this book (I'm 29) I must admit I do have a lot of Lauren's 'basics' in my wardrobe already however it wouldn't be a fashion book if she didnt cover the basics first. She has also covered hair and make up incredibly useful in my opinion, just because you are a fashionista doesnt neccessarily mean you're also a an expert on everything else. There are also sections on packing for various trips, how to shop vintage, accessories and even what to wear for work the bugbear of many a modern woman.

Throughout the book there is a personal feel and Lauren expresses her opinion but always goes on to mention that different things work for different people, there is no judgemental tone in this book and Lauren as a 'normal girl next door' character is a good person to deliver the messages contained in it. The target market for this book will be split into girls with an interest in fashion like myself and girls with an interest in Lauren herself however if those girls read this book and ahere to some of Lauren's smart rules and I don't have to see young girls in the supermarket wearing PJ's well its a good investment!

Overall a good read, nothing groundbreaking but delivered with a good tone that made me want to carry on reading. Great photography which doesnt interrupt the text but just adds to the glossy classy feel of the book and for me a must in all fashion books a great cover!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty book, but nothing new!, 6 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Lauren Conrad: Style (Hardcover)
I love reading style books, especially when they are full of beautiful photos. This one makes a nice addition to my collection, and there are some really useful tips (I loved Lauren's easy way of hemming jeans). Still, there weren't as many photos as I'd hoped and I wish she had gone beyond the basic wardrobe staples and shopping tips that exist in every style book. Its getting boring, because we all know the "importance" of a white shirt and black pencil skirt by now. She could have gone more into depth about how to put pieces together. Still, it was a great attempt considering how young she is! If you take fashion more seriously, I recommend Instyle: The New Secrest of Style.

5.0 out of 5 stars A one for fans of LA candy, 3 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Fame Game (Kindle Edition)
Compulsive reading!! Full of lies, scandal, deceit and trailer trash!! A nice easy read one doesn't need to think too much about. Fans of LA candy will love this book also by Lauren Conrad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and fantastic!, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Fame Game (Kindle Edition)
I love the whole series of novels and cannot wait to read the next. Amazing characters and great story lines. Must read and highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 15 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Lauren Conrad: Style (Hardcover)
I bought this book, mainly because i love lauren conrad.
Started to read it and by the end of the day i had read it from cover to cover.

I loved the book, but was unsure how it woiuld help me out in my day to day life, until i had a very important interview which i didn't have a clue what to wear, so went back to the book, and found just what i needed, something smart but not too dressy..
I would defo recommeend this book to young women and girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish!, 15 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Lauren Conrad: Style (Hardcover)
I was so excited when my copy of Lauren's new style book arrived this morning. And I haven't been able to put it down since!

It's everything I had hoped for. Loads of gorgeous pics of Lauren, really cool clothes and very handy hints and tips.

I'd recommend to anyone who likes Lauren or who admires her amazing style when they see her in magazines.

I'm going to be buying it for lots of friends this Christmas!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great guide, 4 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Lauren Conrad: Style (Hardcover)
Style was a great guide to building a wardrobe. A lot of people say that it isn't anything groundbreaking and it is fairly generic, which is true; however, I think the information presented in the book is very smart and basic. Trends cannot really be discussed as they are forever changing, but basics and classic styles are what she aimed for here and those never change. I think the book is well worth it in terms of learning how to tailor clothing, choose appropriate pieces and accessories. I don't think anyone would regret purchasing it...it is a very smart read and I thoroughly enjoyed it and will go back to it time and time again for reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it from start to finish, 15 July 2013
This review is from: The Fame Game (Kindle Edition)
I was amazed to see another trilogy from miss Lauren Conrad fabulous read well written can't wait to read the next installment was a brilliant way to change it to show a strong character so vulnerable I wonder what happens next
Recommended to anyone who loves a bit of girl bitching family worries and who genuinely loves Lauren Conrad

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book, 5 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Lauren Conrad: Style (Hardcover)
I'm a student deeply inspired and influenced by Fashion, the first thing that drew me to purchasing this book was the Author. I am a true fan of Lauren Conrad. I find her very inspiring and she doesn't fail to please me in this book.

This book states all the basic ways to have style in a fantastic layout, therefore it doesn't become boring. Also shows her own secrets on style. Also includes things you wouldn't expect like make-up, how to clean out your wardrobe, holidays.
I would recommend it to any fan of Lauren Conrad or Fashion. It's a book you could keep for years and it would still apply to fashion then, a brilliant buy.

Lauren Conrad Style
Lauren Conrad Style by Lauren Conrad (Paperback - 1 April 2012)