5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful insight, 7 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Pastor: A Memoir (Hardcover)
I took this book on holiday with me and boy was that a good choice. Having read it from cover to cover I thoroughly enjoyed actually being there with Eugene. I did however find that some of the wording was a tad over my head, but not to worry I wrote them down and looked them up on returning home, all in the gain of my own knowledge. Eugene comes over as a very wise, knowledgeable, kind man. And just the kind of Pastor anyone would want the pleasure of knowing and working with. In reading this book there have been laughter and tears but he never gave up on his quest or journey in life. It was fascinating to read how his church was formed and grew from humble beginnings to something wonderful for the whole community. My english has never been what I would call my strong point but that did not deter me from reading this book right through to the end. I was not about to give up at the first challenge of unknown words. I would like to thank Eugene personally for this book, it is a very good read, good being not the best of words to describe how 'good' this book is.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Pastor, 3 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Pastor: A Memoir (Hardcover)
In his memoir of his life as a Pastor, Eugene Peterson shows us a way to re-attach our 'lost' souls and to our automated bodies in our ever chaotic world. A world in which so many of us are in search of a vocation and not a job. His words are simple and his text is living, just as he has lived his life accroding to his beliefs and how remaining true to God and the Word of Jesus we may all find a richer meaning to our own lives.
Eugene's book should be on the reading list of all Ivy League University undergraduates as it would certainly ground them in life of community as opposed to abstractions that are presented in business journals and manuals.

The Pastor
The Pastor by Eugene H. Peterson (Paperback - 18 Sep 2012)