Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 5 April 2016
Great story with a storyline that is strangely wonderful for a romance. The characters all have their moments and the laughs carry you through the story. I had read the others in the set and I feel you need to read the whole set to get the full story.
on 8 March 2011
Upon completing The Countess which was well written (despite the americanisms) and amusing for a regency, I eagerly awaited the release of The Heiress... However once it downloaded to my kindle and I started to read I almost felt like I was still reading The Countess.

This was not so much a new story as complete repetition with a few lines slotted in to make it a new story. Very Lazy writing indeed. That being said I am looking forward to the last story, but will probably wait until it arrives at my local library!
on 31 August 2012
I was so looking forward to reading the follow-on from The Countess, but found The Heiress to be a repeat of The Countess and consequently a bore to read and found myself skipping large chucks of it. Having said that, I did find Suzette to be a very likeable and passionate young lady, who certainly knows how to go for what she wants and was of the view that Suzette and David merited their own separate story.
on 25 February 2011
Mixed feelings about this one. I loved The Countess and this is the same story more or less from the perspective of Suzette, the 'Countess' Christiana's sister. Although, if you hadn't read The Countess first you might struggle to understand what had happened with George, the fake Earl. So, when I first started reading it I was quite disappointed until I had got well into the story and it took on a life of it's own. I hope when I read about the last sibling, Lisa, who will obviously end up with Robert, I don't have to read most of the first book again - more or less.
on 4 June 2012
Ms Sands has really let herself down on this series. Her earlier works are much better such as 'the Key'. I suppose this era is not as good as the other books but an okay read from Ms Sands. But a huge let down. I am hoping the next books after this series will get back to her standard.
on 29 November 2011
My rating is for the second half of the book, which I really enjoyed. The book was full of fun and adventure. Unfortunately the first half of the book was just a shorter version of the first book written from different characters view points. It was OK and interesting in a way but more often than not I found it boring. I am looking forward to the next book and reading about the younger sister's journey to love. I enjoy lynsay sands humour and intend to read all her backlist as well as future books.
on 5 March 2011
I didn't actually like this book that much which surprised me a bit because generally she's really good.

This is the second book of a three book set, usually her books, even if they are part of a set can be read on their own and are complete stories in their own right. Suzette's story didn't start until at least page 150. Before that you were reading Christina's story from Suzette's perspective with various plot points mentioned from the first book to give you a general idea of where you were in the storyline except it's disjointed, incoherent and basically doesn't make that much sense, especially if you haven't read the first one.

Once Suzette's story started properly it was generally up to her usual standard except the male characters all seemed to be stupid. Beyond the normal level of stupidity required for the story to run properly and be slightly funny. Either that or the plotline was more obvious than usual.

I don't read Lynsay Sands books to be surprised by the plotline, I read them to be entertained, she's generally very very good at that and some of her books are on my favourites list, it's just a shame she seems to be out of original ideas for this one.
on 12 April 2011
I had bought this at the same time as The Countess otherwise I would not have bothered. Ghastly story repetative and banal I couldn't finish it and I would not recc this to anyone who is a fan of the genre.
on 7 May 2011
Well what can I say yet again lynsay sands deliver's a clever plot, with imaginative characters doing zany things.

well worth a read
on 16 March 2013
a great read thanks 3rd in series im reading very enjoyable can't wait for her next one thanks . .