5.0 out of 5 stars Kim Harrison is the reigning Queen of Urban Fantasy!
One of the most highly anticipated reads of 2013 for many people, Ever After by Kim Harrison most certainly will not fall short of expectations. It will, in many areas, surpass them. It will also shock, it will thrill, and my goodness it will entertain. An outstanding instalment, easily replacing any and all past favourites as the new pinnacle of the series...so far...
Published 19 months ago by The Demon Librarian

3.0 out of 5 stars Still good, but not the best ...
I read the first 9 Hollows books back to back - once I discovered them and started reading them, I found them so easy to read and enjoyable that I just read one after the other. So it was a fairly new experience for me to have to wait for the next installment, and perhaps that meant my anticipation - and expectation - was higher than normal. Don't get me wrong, I was by...
Published 18 months ago by Henry's Cat

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 1 Feb 2013
Rather than just write a synopsis of the story, as many others do, I'm just going to say that this is the best Rachel Morgan book yet! Unlike other books of a similar nature, Harrison creates believable characters who are a little flawed and make mistakes, as we all do, which makes them all the more lovable for it. Can't wait to see further developments in the relationship with Trent and Jenks, keep the foul language coming - I often laugh out loud on the train at your cussing! Hope the wait for the next book isn't too long!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not content with falling out with the Master Vampires, ..., 17 July 2014
This review is from: Ever After (Kindle Edition)
Not content with falling out with the Master Vampires, Werewolves, Elves, the Coven, and the IS, Rachel now decides (has decided for her) that she's going to get on deadly terms with Demon kind as well. More gripping adventures ensue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series!, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Ever After (Kindle Edition)
And this one is as good as the rest of the books before it. Kim can`t write them fast enough for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 July 2014
Excellent book in a wonderful series. More secrets revealed and cler twists to the plot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 7 Aug 2014
Each book gets better & better - how can that be possible. Impossible to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book. As always I can't wait for the ..., 7 Aug 2014
J Kimber "Jax" (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent book. As always I can't wait for the next one

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to scratch! one for devotees only., 27 Feb 2013
D. MACKENZIE (london, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ever After (Hollows) (Hardcover)
hmm.. im a big fan of Kim, Rachael and all of the gang, and after the brilliance of the last 2 Hollows books - the fantastic pale demon, and a perfect blood) i was eagerly looking out for the next one..
however, i cant give the book any more than 3 stars, a big disappointment. So whats this book got?
) that sensation where you found yourself skimming pages and pages, looking for something interesting to happen? Check.
) pages and pages of boring technical / magical details about the make up of let-lines (yawn).. Do i really care? Check
However as has happened before on several occasions, Ever After is a slow burner.. and when you finally get to the last third of the book, Kim finally gets into her groove and the energy starts flowing for a typically rewarding climax to the latest save - the world - scenario.
But honestly? if this is your first time with hollows... dont pick ever after. In fact, if you are anything other than a crazy fan, then dont buy this. there are much better novels in the series. 3 / 5 is generous. and all those 5 star reviews? really?

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but not the best in the series, 10 Feb 2013
I first purchased the original Rachel Morgan book a while ago, and I enjoyed it so much I purchased all of them and read through them all in the space of about 2 weeks. Each I really enjoyed, though some were a little weaker than others.

This I think is a good continuation of the story, but it is a little weaker than previous chapters. Though I like the continued inclusion of the Demons in the series, I think some of the grittiness is glossed over in this book which was something I really enjoyed in the previous books.

Will continue reading, and recommended to other fans of the series, however, I hope Kim can put the series back on track.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Ever After (Kindle Edition)
Really loved this book. Not only a great story but a real sense of moving on. Great character development especially Al who I am starting to feel really isn't such a wicked demon after all.I really hope there is more to come in the future. I can't wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome is not the word!, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Ever After (Hollows) (Hardcover)
Wow!!!! Wish there were more stars to give. I think this is the best in the series so far. I laughed, cried and shouted at my book. I also grieved when I finished it as I now have a long wait for the next book.

I love how much Rachel has grown and changed, she thinks before acting, well most of the time....lol. Her friendship with Trent is still prickly but so good for both of them.

When Nick turned up it was obvious that he was up to no good but stealing babies was just plain wrong. I felt terrible for Jenks when he caught Jax and ripped his wings.

I laughed when Rachel told Étude off (Bis's dad). But the way that Kim described how Rachel felt when she was flying on the gargoyle was so descriptive. I now want a gargoyle, a pixy, a fairy, an elf and a demon all of my own, and yes I know I'm a grown woman but I don't care. I want!!!!!

I'm liking how Jenks is with Belle and how Ivy is trying to save Nina but I don't know if she will be able to. I hope so.

Lucy and Ray are both adorable and my heart broke for them and Quen when Ceri was killed but at the end when Al turned up drunk and grieving for her as well was just so touching, I couldn't help but laugh and cry.

I love Rachel's interactions with Newt, she's got just the right amount of fear that makes her stand up to her and protect those around her from Newts insanity.

I think I'm going to have to re-read the series over again just to stop the withdrawal symptoms.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

Ever After (Hollows)
Ever After (Hollows) by Kim Harrison (Hardcover - 22 Jan 2013)
Used & New from: 3.95