5.0 out of 5 stars I don't understand all the bad reviews...
... I think this book is amazing!!

Published on 1 Jan 2011 by Littlelinney

1.0 out of 5 stars bit cliché
Published 14 months ago by Priya_kay

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't understand all the bad reviews..., 1 Jan 2011
This review is from: Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man (Paperback)
... I think this book is amazing!!

To start off with, I'm 21. I don't think this book is at all old fashioned. This book is the reason why the guy I'm currently dating opens the car door for me every single time HE takes ME out. Which is every time I see him. This is the reason he lets me walk inside and outside through the door he is holding open for me EVERY TIME there is a door in sight. Girls. This book teaches you how to behave so that your man treats you like a lady - and I don't know about you, but being treated like a lady makes me feel AMAZING!

There is a giggle on every page of this book and it is SO easy to read. I have reread it quite a few times and every time it gets me laughing. This advice is coming from a man, so in that respect, it's refreshing but there's also that feeling that you know it's probably better than some books like this written by women. There are real life scenarios in this book that hammer home some very basic, very simple points about men, from a man's perspective. That include how you know if he thinks you're a keeper, and how to keep a man happy in very simple ways.

After reading this book - I love men more than I thought I did before. They are such simple creatures, and you know what? All you have to do is know that you're worth their time and effort, and the rest just falls into place.

I haven't tried to get picked up every time I meet the guy I'm dating. He just offers. I didn't ask to have him open the car door. He just did. I don't ask for doors to be held open, I just smile and say thank you after every single time. I don't ask for him to pay for everything, I let him. I didn't initiate the hand holding, or the cuddle in the cimema. He did all of the above, and I let him. I acted like a lady, with the knowledge of a man. And to this book, I owe my thanks, because he seems to be perfectly happy to do all of the above!!

Don't hesitate girls, buy this book. I read it in one sitting and I still can't put it down!

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant read, dont believe the bad reviews, 7 Feb 2011
This review is from: Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man (Paperback)
Firstly i cannot understand how this book got bad reviews, i suspect the women who gave such reviews have never had any male friends, and base there naive assumptions on men based around dinner parties they attend where they make small talk with there friends husbands.

i used to be ''one of the lads'' , i had huge group of male friends.. went on holidays with them, was out with them every weekend.. and im telling you now that 95% of them are cheats and think with there genitals and the way that Steve decribes men is very accurate. My boyfriend is my best friend and hes told me some of the stuff that Steve mentions in the book many a time before.

Of course, some things he says are opinions.. such as every decent man should go to church... but the basic principles are all absolutly on the money.. it was strange reading it because everything he said i could relate to my boyfriend and the way he acts..

i would highly recommend this book to all women, it definetly gives you an insight and although i knew quite a lot of the stuff already due to me having a lot of inside knoledge on men due to my friendships with them.. it definatly taught me some things that i will be applying, and il be handing this book down to my daugthers 1 day.

only reason i havent given it 5 stars is because i thought it could of been longer and he could of gone into more issues.

be open minded and willing to accept that men are different to women..

update 2012..... I felt the need to edit my review and add things to it, as reading some of the bad reviews i felt i must defend Steve and the message he is trying to put across.

He is NOT underminding women, he is telling you how IT IS and how it is actually US that control the relationship. Just because he encourages women to use their feminine charm and assert yourself as a woman doesnt mean he is asking you to belittle yourself, far from it! He is simply stating the fact, if you want the best from your man, then be a lady in every way, so be can be the man that you need!

Remember that we are HUMAN. yes we live in the 21st century and in an era of equal oppertunity, and rightfully so, but men are MEN and women are WOMEN.

I love being feminine and everything that comes with it, and personally as a woman i like to be percieved as sexy but in a classy way and i love being protected by my boyfriend... I like being his possession but that doesnt mean that i or Steve mean ''possession'' as literally some object or door mat, we mean being a mans queen!

And youve got to remember girls... men dont ever really grow up. just like small children or dogs you have to have standards and boundarys with them, or they tend to take the micky in a relationship!

There are aspects of men i find hard to stomach and i cant comprehend, but honestly, what Steve is saying is the TRUTH and if you dont like it then continue to live in blissful ignorance.

Women need to realise that being born in our gender is something to be celebrated, we dont need to be equal to men in every single way. In a lot of ways we are stronger then them but i think every woman should revel in her sexuality and let the girls be the girls and let the boys be the boys, and realise ITS NOT BELITTLING, its only belitting to assume there is something wrong with being a lady and letting him be a man!

ok rant over haha! enjoy the book x

5.0 out of 5 stars I never knew, 17 Jun 2014
Really loved this book as it did indeed tell me something new. I had no idea men were so consumed with needing to be 'masculine' and compare themselves with other men and that only when they have got that sorted can they concentrate on women properly.
He writes in a really funny and realistic way and tells it straight. I really did learn some new insight into the male mind. This was the best book on the subject that I've read, so thanks Steve for writing it !

1.0 out of 5 stars bit cliché, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man (Paperback)
I purchased this book after seeing the film, thinking it would be hilarious and insightful. To be honest in my opinion its quite sexist and I'm no crazy feminist but steve harvey comes across as if he is speaking for the whole male population, his view point is regards women as objects. Explaining clearly that women are the homemakers, we are thwre ro service and serve our men to gain there respect, if not its our fault if men are led astray and cheat on us. A few parts were quite insightful and I definitely think you need to take a highlighter to the book to find any information you think may apply to your relationship or life. I know this isn't a professional self help book its far from it...I suppose it serves its purpose as general advice from a talk show host.

I wouldn't recommend wasting your money on this at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG! Tried & Tested, 18 May 2011
This review is from: Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man (Paperback)
Not only is Steve funny but he now writes the truth. He writes in a simple and concise language which is easy to digest and most importantly remember! He magically uses his life experiences as a father, husband and man to offer us women a clear and direct balance into the minds of men. As they say "practice makes perfect" so I did, using the chapter The Five Questions Every Woman Should Ask Before Getting in Too Deep, Question 4: What do you THINK about me? And Question 5: How do you FEEL about me? Firstly they ARE 2 very different questions warranting 2 very different answers. In order for me to try this I had to truly "Over-stand" as opposed to just "understand". I ask the first question to a male friend of mine who has been hanging around for a good few years and with hindsight, implied that he was very interested. I ask him the first question (What do you think about me?). He said "you're very beautiful, intelligent, and independent; you attain very high standards to which you really know what you want from a relationship and a partner in order to build a future. You are in NO rush in meeting this person and will not compromise your virtue for fun. Although, you may have difficulty finding this person that is if he really exists". With a smile on my face and feeling very good about myself, I believed the persona I have been projecting to men was working. I asked him the second question (How do you feel about me?) He replied, "I feel like I'd really like to have a passionate embrace with you" I repeated the question several time to ensure the understood and he just repeated his answer.
Had I had not read this book I would have believed that this friend of mine (whom I have never dated) was secretly really into me.................. I now realised that what he was in fact saying was "you have such high standards to which I cannot comprehend or fulfil, I believe that no man can, or will be willing to and you will be waiting a very long time (not in your life time) to meet him, so I'd like to have a sexual encounter with you"
I am still in shock! Girlfriends, if you are planning to get in a relationship, READ THIS BOOK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every woman should have a copy!, 23 Feb 2013
This is light hearted and informative reading. Great with a glass of wine, when you just want to chill out and not take life too seriously. A great purchase :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Chauvinistic author!, 11 May 2014
Ms. S. L. Jarvis (Leeds, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This author is downright chauvinistic. I got more and more angry reading his book. it's all about pleasing the man and that a man will cheat period. How about if a man truly loves and respects his lady cheating won't come in to it? I know tons of couples who are in strong faithful relationships and he paints the picture that all men will cheat and you either leave him or forgive him. Wow. How about we just all be single and cut out the bull? Women if you want a book that will empower you I strongly recommended Why Men Love Bitches. Get yourself standards and respect and if your man trips up, get him out! Plenty of men out there who ARE faithful and have good morals. Shame on him for tarnishing all men's reputations.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgrace, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man (Paperback)
Women, stay away from this book. The views that this book promotes are extremely bad for your mental health, and the very reason there are so many self-help books catered towards women. This book presents a very narrow-minded, extremely old-fashioned traditionalist image of both men and women. The way the author speaks about himself, how he grew up, and the constant throughout this book references to how religious he is (while having cheated on his wife) is worrying.
So women, also stay away from men like this author.

1.0 out of 5 stars A mistake, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man (Paperback)
On a whim downloaded this last night onto my Mac - read it in less than an hr and quite frankly regretted spending my money. There was absolutely no value in it whatsoever. Pretty much common sense. Women, have some self respect! that's it - in 5 words - where the 'thinking like a man' comes into it...no idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steve Harvey Brilliant, 14 Mar 2014
I purchased this book after watching Steve Harvey on telvsion. The book covers what men and women want and need. The book at time made so hard reading but also made me laugh. I have purchased copy for friend and have recommende to friends. I would advice any women who would like to understand men better purchase now!

Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey (Paperback - 4 Jun 2009)
7.23