4.0 out of 5 stars Good for boys aged around 6
Published on 29 Jun 2011 by Stu

3.0 out of 5 stars Too advanced for my son
I bought this for my son to read during the holidays having just finished reception. These books are too advanced for him, I think they might be suitable about midway/end of year 1, so we haven't read them yet as he was getting frustrated.
They are also American english. But he was keen to read them with Batman on the front.
Published 10 months ago by Katie

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for boys aged around 6, 29 Jun 2011
This review is from: I Can Read! Phonics: Batman Phonics Fun (Paperback)
I think these are quite 'advanced' to be called 'phonics' books. There are some pretty long words in there. But the subject matter and pictures mean by little boy wants to keep reading them, so he's learning as much by repetition as anything else (still a good way to learn to read). You get 12 books - each just 6 pages of short sentences, but with pictures to go along, which is about the right length. Reasonable value I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars getting boys to read !, 20 Jun 2011
Mrs. O. Duncan "orladuncan" (northern ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Can Read! Phonics: Batman Phonics Fun (Paperback)
This set of 12 books is great -they are relatively easy to read (my son started learning to read in school last September (its now June) and is extremely keen to read all of these as its about Batman !
I would use these books as "paired reading" where an adult will read along with the child where necessary.
My son would not be able to read these independently yet -and I join in with longer words which aren't on his school word list. (eg terrible,criminals,together,disappear) but there are not so many of these in each book as to put an early reader off if they like Batman.

It focuses on different short and long vowel sounds in each book which makes life so much easier for home support.
I also use the DK early readers (pre-reader and level 1) -starwars and lego books in conjunction with the Batman phonics

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab little books!, 23 Jun 2012
This review is from: I Can Read! Phonics: Batman Phonics Fun (Paperback)
I bought these for my son for Christmas knowing that it would take him a while to be able to read them himself as he's only 5 and in reception still. He can now recite 2 of them off by heart, checking the words as he goes along and can remember some sentances from all of them. He's recognising more and more words himself and absolutely loves them. I think these are great for any child starting to read as they can get more out of them as their skills develop and as they're short they're not daunting. The pictures are great as well and helped with the discussion about the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 30 Oct 2011
This review is from: I Can Read! Phonics: Batman Phonics Fun (Paperback)
This is a lovely set of books for batman fans to help them to learn to read. I gave this to my nephew for his 4th birthday and he is very into batman at the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great early reader books, 4 Mar 2012
This review is from: I Can Read! Phonics: Batman Phonics Fun (Paperback)
These books are each about 6 pages long and about 12cm x12cm. The box is a little deceptive as it makes the books look bigger than they are. However the books themselves are brilliant for beginners who know a few key words and their phonic sounds. The illustrations are interesting and comic book quality and the text is a fair mixture between the keywords, phonic words and a few interesting words to keep the text interesting. A very early reader will need some help - They are not as easy as the books sent home from school - but my son loves them. They were so popular that I ordered the Spiderman and Superman versions within a week of giving these to him. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phonics Books, 8 Sep 2011
This review is from: I Can Read! Phonics: Batman Phonics Fun (Paperback)
These books are excellent for helping youngsters develop their phonics and are centred around a character so many young lads relate to - highly recommend them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for boys!, 11 Jan 2012
Mrs. C. Mills (Middlesex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Can Read! Phonics: Batman Phonics Fun (Paperback)
My son got these together with the Spiderman set, for Christmas, and so far has really enjoyed reading these. They encourage reading alone which I find is particularly good for boys. My son, aged 5, has sufficient reading knowledge through school to read alone and he gets a sense of achievement and pride through being able to read and tell us about the books with no pressure to learn new things. Any other books we have that he is capable of reading, tend to be a bit 'babyish' but the stories are relevant to his agegroup and are crucially about characters he wants to discover more about. Great idea and great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars bought for sons birthday, 23 Oct 2013
fiona thomas (dumbarton, scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Can Read! Phonics: Batman Phonics Fun (Paperback)
My 5 year old boy loves being able to 'read' these simple books. great extension to the books from school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: I Can Read! Phonics: Batman Phonics Fun (Paperback)
One sure way to get boys to read they love them because it's about super heros. A really great buy

4.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting books, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: I Can Read! Phonics: Batman Phonics Fun (Paperback)
These are more like tiny little booklets than actual books and are a fraction of the size of the box. I was a little disappointed.

I Can Read! Phonics: Batman Phonics Fun
I Can Read! Phonics: Batman Phonics Fun by Lucy Rosen (Paperback - 10 May 2011)
6.76