on 12 May 2011
I thought this book might be useful in providing the science behind eye contact, or an explanation of what certain contact means (or does not mean). There was very little of this. Instead, the book is full of interviews and anecdotes: not really what I expected. It seemed like the author was filling up pages with personal experiences to surpass the 200-page mark. It felt as though a lot of this information was on his blog (I don't know that he is a "blogger") and he just compiled it at some point.

It did have some useful information, though much of it was intuitive. Nonetheless, I suppose if you are a business professional, this might be a good book to reference. The chapters about flirting seemed somehow out of place (3, 4 and 9). Since the subject is so very interesting and relatively unexamined (as far as I know, and as presented to laymen), I have to rate the book well. I suppose in this sense, I was willing to pay for and found 25% of the material actually useful.

I was first inclined to give the book 3 stars, but the author somehow seems very likable and genuine. I wish he wouldn't have mentioned that he is the founder of "Eye-Gazing Parties"; that was a bit strange and off-putting.

The book receives 3.5 stars.
11 comment9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2013
This book gives you the minimum of actual exercises/ techniques on developing your eye contact AND spend the vast majority reciting stories of how important eye contact is, and how this famous or powerful person has it and has used it.
Hoped for much more, unfortunately does not deliver.
on 6 August 2011
Same as review from

M. Hamann "Markus"

Found this book hard to get in to seemed very thrown together, and was more about coverstaions or articles or quotes about eye contact . I could have written this book myself, by doing a Google search of eye contact then copy and pasting every thing i found in to one place.

Not what i expected. It was not a page turner. and the information in this book was hidden within the text in a way that i would find it hard to pick up and use again. If your interested in eye contact, it basically says do it more often till you get used to it.
on 7 May 2011
Where would you like to see yourself in a couple of years time? As a happy and social person, living each day as it was an adventure told from a fantastic story book, or would you rather struggle each day to get ends to meet? Even though Ellsberg does not teach you explicitly how to create the life of your dreams, it gives you some of the most important tools of your entire life. The tools I am talking about is mostly within the field of body language. And body language is like English. If you want to really connect with most people, you have to have a deep and profound knowledge of that language.

The beauty of Ellsberg's "The Power of Eye Contact" is that he shows you how to apply different forms of eye contact for different purposes, be it business settings, dating, intimidation in sports etc. The real power lies in that he teaches you the necessary principles, so you are able to extract what is important for your purpose and apply it to your daily life with ease. Also, for those who is not yet familiar with the power of eye contact, Ellsberg will show you many specific methods on how you can apply the mentioned principles.

Either you are an absolute beginner or an expert within the arts of conscious body language awareness, this book will provide you with tools so great that tremendous results will appear instantly. Compared to the effort you need to put into this area of such important knowledge, you will shake your head in despair and ask yourself why you have not discovered this book before.

I have focused a lot on personal growth within the areas of social dynamics and dating throughout the last 3 years. It has been a fun, interesting and life-changing journey this far, and I must admit, there is nothing, or no-one, who have given me better results in such a short amount of time as some of the principles Michael Ellsberg have taught me. I now get to know more new people every day, I have been able to improve my body language signals so everyone around me feel much better about themselves and about me, and my confidence have gained a huge boost. And I started to read this book _one week_ ago.

Unless you deliberately want to live a hard knock life, buy this book. It will make life so much easier to live for all of you if you send out the right body language signals
on 21 November 2015
Wonderful and highly useful and inspiring book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse