on 18 January 2013
This book could change everyone's work practice. I have read it once and am on my second read so that I can really improve my working life. The changes are subtle but important to take on board. I particularly focus on one thing at a time now and have a clearer head.
on 20 May 2014
Coherent, precise, and to the point. Recommend those who are going to start either their first job or those who have 10 years experience and want to improve their productivity at work. I hope you will love this well written book.
on 24 August 2012
Excellent book. Finally a manual for your mind. The book really provides neuroscientific explanations for most of the mental experiences we have every day of our lives and explains how to get the best out of our valuable wetware.
on 18 September 2013
A very readable explanation as to what your brain does on a chemical and electrical level when at work. It also provides some practical tips on how to respond better ... more often. And it is written by an Aussie!
on 29 July 2014
I very much enjoyed this book. It had a easily accessible style that made the neuroscience interesting and well explained. I took away lots of useful insights for my profession as a teacher.
on 12 October 2014
There is nothing better then an expert discussing the facts and findings on the brain. This book was very beneficial for my professional and personal life
on 26 April 2014
Understanding how the brain works gives us chance to take back control of ourselves. Good parables and summaries plus practical things to do to improve.
on 22 June 2013
This book is to be read after "Willpower" (Roy F. Baumeister). Together, they give you quite a strong insight for any wanted improvement.
on 23 February 2015
Very interesting book and like the fact that it has references to the research in it. Need to finish reading it before I can say if I love it.
on 15 April 2015
Revolutionary. Have bought several copies for friends, I think this needs to be taught in schools. Has helped change my life for the better.