5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding book
One of the best books I've ever read. David Rock collects together a bunch of neuroscience, explains it extremely clearly, and shows how it affects the way your brain works at home, in the workplace, and in social interactions.

Each chapter is pretty short (ca. 14 pages, big writing). It introduces the topic by showing Emily and Paul in some situation (getting...
Published on 16 Feb. 2010 by Gillian Hayes

3.0 out of 5 stars Tough to Get Your Brain Round 'Your Brain'
I had a difficult time getting into and through this book. Unfortunately, I really can't tell you why. I think the main problem is that the writing style simply doesn't appeal to me. I don't mind stories; however, I like to have an overview of the information I'm supposed to learn from an example, before the example. So when Scene 1 starts off "It's 7:30, Monday morning...
Published on 27 Jan. 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars My confidence compounded I couldn't help but share this work with one of my favourite mind power authors and I must say he go, 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Your Brain at Work: Strategies for Overcoming Distraction, Regaining Focus, and Working Smarter All Day Long (Hardcover)
THIS BOOK ROCKS.I have been compelled to write a review for this book.For years I have been on a quest to optimize my effectiveness especially to have a deeper understanding of the intricate processes that drive effectiveness.I must say David rocks work has put that quest to rest and compounded my effectiveness.My belief in my abilities have been compounded.My confidence compounded and I couldn't help but share this work with one of my favourite mind power authors and I must say he got rocked because this rocks. Get it Now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating! Am recommending it to all my friends, 13 Feb. 2011
Am absolutely fascinated by this book. I have a science degree and used to work for an imaging company, so I love the combination of neuroscience and observation to explain how and why we behave the way we do. It has already helped me think differently about some of my actions. Have recommended it to several friends and am looking forward to being able to talk about it with them soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic insight to what goes on in my head and your head, and how to influence it for the better!, 28 Jun. 2014
I really enjoyed this book. David uses his understanding in a practical way through engaging stories to bring the theories alive. He provides that rare combination of 'easy to read' and insightful. It felt like the first time I was offered any sort of manual foe how brains work. A lovely read for anybody who wants to know more about why their brain operates as it does, what they can change, and where they can use the guidance to create a better life every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and to the point, 20 May 2014
Coherent, precise, and to the point. Recommend those who are going to start either their first job or those who have 10 years experience and want to improve their productivity at work. I hope you will love this well written book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A common sense and palatable way to share such a complex subject, 1 May 2014
Having studied neuroscience, neurological remapping, re-framing, NLP & more, this book has proved useful if explaining the cognitive functions that can impede our effectiveness and allowed many of my clients to have their 'aha' moment regarding time management and focusing on their objectives. I often refer to this book as a useful starting point for clients wanting to be serious about neurological improvement, particularly at work where they are working under high pressure or stress.

5.0 out of 5 stars very cool, 26 April 2014
Understanding how the brain works gives us chance to take back control of ourselves. Good parables and summaries plus practical things to do to improve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Useful, 21 Nov. 2013
Michael Beale (UK) - See all my reviews
Occasionally a book comes along that gets me to stop, reflect and change some of the things I do. This is/was one of those books. I particularly like two aspects: 1) The neuroscience background, with lots of references that I can choose (or not) to follow up and 2) Lots of practical tips that I can apply. It's this second point, that I can test out what David suggests for myself, that makes this book very worthwhile for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aussie, Aussie, Aussie....Oi! Oi! Oi!, 18 Sept. 2013
Rod Matthews - See all my reviews
A very readable explanation as to what your brain does on a chemical and electrical level when at work. It also provides some practical tips on how to respond better ... more often. And it is written by an Aussie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, interesting and practical, 7 Sept. 2013
This is a superb piece of writing - very carefully thought out, full of strong and clear examples, and with a huge amount of practical suggestions.

I would recommend it to anyone interested in improving their work or in learning more about how to help the people with whom they work.

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting and informative, 9 July 2013
Very easy to follow, even with some complex bits about the brain, included some practical tips and I enjoyed reading it