4.0 out of 5 stars Rock on!
Must be hard to recover after falling from such a high pedestal, but that is what happens to checker, our lead drummer, when most of his friends abandon him because of his upbeat yet defeatist personality.
Published 12 months ago by Amapola

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended
Published 21 months ago by BTMcG

4.0 out of 5 stars Rock on!, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: Checker and the Derailleurs (P.S.) (Paperback)
Checker loves everything and mostly everyone and the band and himself make-up a quirky group to follow around Astoria. The parks, bridges, bars, all being much more than just places, they are part of each person and their acts.
The plot does lack a little action, a little complexity, and it would have been nice to get out of the city scene, but all in all it's a very recommendable novel.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, 16 Dec 2012
Believed I was a Lionel Shrive fan,but not based on thsi book. I had previously read, Kevin and post birthday world, both excellent reads. I am about a third into Checker and Deraillers and really cant make sense of it at al! I rarely give up and not finnish a book but this one might be binned! I find it incredulous that the same author of the above two books wrote this one, I will maybe struggle on and if it gets better, I will amend my negative review

Checker and the Derailleurs (P.S.)
Checker and the Derailleurs (P.S.) by Lionel Shriver (Paperback - 4 Aug 2009)