4.0 out of 5 stars Happily ever after - and after that?
I bought this book to try and understand why personal relationships are in such a crisis in our society. Whilst it's clearly - and unashamedly - written with an agenda in mind, it is very well researched and fully embedded in academic anthropology, containing many references to other academic publications.

Don't let that comment make you think it's a dusty...
Published on 24 Mar. 2011 by Mr. Andrew Beck

3.0 out of 5 stars I must say that despite the wealth of interesting information ...
I must say that despite the wealth of interesting information, the constant pushing of an agenda is tiring. It's less an exploration of "why" and more a description of "should". Still, if you can put up with that, it could be worth reading nonetheless.
Published 2 months ago by John

5.0 out of 5 stars An eye-opener, 8 Dec. 2014
Bonus (Kent, England, UK) - See all my reviews
Opened my eyes to the reasons why people cheat and how to prevent it. Recommended reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind Blowing!, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Sex at Dawn: How We Mate, Why We Stray, and What It Means for Modern Relationships (Paperback)
They've really 'done a Dawkins' with this book.

And by that I mean, they've taken a lot of complex theory and presented it in a way that is witty and engaging from start to finish. Not only that but this book will have you questioning everything you think you know about yourself in the same way The Selfish Gene did - and much like that book, it has a controversial title to hook you in in the first place.

This is easily the best non-fiction book I've read since The Selfish Gene and the scope of modern tropes decimated by the theories within is simply mind blowing.

Hey you, yes, you! Read this book then share it with your friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 1 May 2014
J Williams (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My friend recommended this and the title intrigued me. The contents are well researched and some quite shocking. Very humorous at times and I say it is a must read. Be open when you read because flags will pop up when you read some chapters especially about what service doctors used to offer their female patients!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, possible anwers to a lot of question we have today, 24 May 2014
Yes its written with an agenda, but it is well reserched and lots of references to support the main thesis.
A bit sensational in places, but this is just to counter the enormous drag factor of a few thousand years of the status quo.
Good to read someone who is prepared to consider that we're all sleepwalking in the monogamy convention, when it may not be the best thing for a woman, a man or even children.

Possibly explains why a very large % of people have some fantasies which are completely counterintuitive in the conventional framework.

There's even another book by another author which counters this book! That must mean its worth a read..

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 April 2015
JAN HOLBEN (Folkestone, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
a good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!!, 2 April 2014
As a pro-revolutionary I loved this book! Yes of course humanity doesn't fit into any book and so this one leaves out a couple of things. Anyway it is really thought provoking and very amusing! Viva sex!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars readable, 6 Aug. 2013
again - as in my review for mating in captivity, there are so many avenues not explored and ignored. I sometimes wonder if rather than being totally objective, these books are written by and for people who have many sexual partners, and are looking for an excuse for it. And before you ask - I probably understand both far far better than most having studied this for 11 years !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy and dram on, 20 Sept. 2014
R. Iain F. Brown (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Really racy stuff for the pointy head. Stretches the science, I guess, in favour of the thrill. .

5.0 out of 5 stars Has to be read if you want to understand why we do what we do, 7 Feb. 2015
finally, some logic, science and research applied to the most interesting part of our lives

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - both thoroughly researched and entertaining, 23 Jan. 2013
This one is a paradigm changer.
Everyone should read this book - food for thought in every chapter, and an interesting, entertaining tone also.

I wish I could give this book to every single person on the planet.

Sex at Dawn is impressive both in the quality of research and in fluidity of writing.

Read this book!