5.0 out of 5 stars Well used book

Published on 16 Mar. 2012 by jjrenolds

5.0 out of 5 stars Well used book, 21 Mar. 2011
Mrs. S. Hares "Sally Hares" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flatbreads and Flavors: A Baker's Atlas (Paperback)
I have a lot of cookery books - this is one that I read and re-read like it's a novel. It's written with a passion and enthusiasm that makes you want to recreate the recipes. The ones I've made have turned out amazingly well. Some of the suggestions for adapting the traditional cooking processes are a little fiddly and to be honest I haven't tried them because of that, but even so, the book is well worth buying just for that little journey around the world to experience 'the staff of life' in other cultures. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The recipes are fantastic and it reads like a novel!, 23 July 1998
By A Customer
Traveling around the world with the authors is only a small part of the joy this book brings. The detailed recipes are described step by step, enabling even novice bread makers to create a marvelous array of flat breads that are both delicious and appealing to the eye. It is the bible of flatbreads and should be part of every bakers library.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as i'd of liked, 16 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Flatbreads and Flavors: A Baker's Atlas (Paperback)
I bought this book because i love making bread and wanted to add some new ideas into my bread making. The book is fine i guess, but i didn't realise all the measurements would be in cups (which i think is american), not grams etc. Although you can convert or even buy some cups for measuring, it just spoilt it all a bit. Also there are no pictures which drives me nuts. I have never been to Afghanistan, so i have no idea what the naan made there looks like...therefore following a recipe with no idea what the end product looks like can be very frustrating. Ok so it tasted ok and looked good, but with bread being so temperamental due to grade of flour, temperature of kitchen etc etc, it just would of helped having a visual representation against the recipe so i could see how i measured up. There are some nice recipes though in the book, but i will be on the look out for something to replace this book. Until then it will do.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only cookbook I'd grab in case of fire!, 1 Oct. 1998
By A Customer
These recipes are so clearly written and easy to follow that I have not had a failure yet and I've tried nearly two thirds of the recipes in the book to date. This book opened a whole new world of baking and cooking for me. Peasant breads I had never heard of are now part of my family's daily diet and are met with rave reviews from even the pickiest eater. The food in this book is not only simple it is certaily healthy eating as well. I've had many cookbooks, this is the one I've had to get a second copy of, because I wore the first one out. It sits on my counter for daily use and hasn't seen a bookshelf yet. Please, Jeffrey and Naomi, more cookbooks like this one. Love their travel tales almost as much as recipes. Bon appetit!

5.0 out of 5 stars flatbread, 24 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Flatbreads and Flavors: A Baker's Atlas (Paperback)
an excellent book. not just a list of recipes but a book you can sit and read. i would reccomend this t anybody interested in baking bread

Flatbreads and Flavors: A Baker's Atlas
Flatbreads and Flavors: A Baker's Atlas by Naomi Duguid (Paperback - Sept. 2008)