Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 9 March 2013
as with all EJ books, just fabulous! well rounded characters, good storyline. I have loved everthing so far EJ has written.
on 19 April 2014
I have read some of this series out of sequence but it did not matter as Eloisa James books are always an enjoyable read.
VINE VOICEon 7 June 2009
This was the one I have been waiting for - the build up of the reconciliation of Jemma and Elijah through the other books has been really tantalising and it was worth the wait. Great story, well written and much darker inevitably, than some of the others given his health problems, but with plenty of witty moments characteristic of Eloisa James. Particularly good were some of the scenes where they are still at odds - EJ does a great job of showing how opposite characters who love deeply nevertheless misunderstand and inadvertently hurt the other person. Not quite a five star book for me but definitely worth it. One more to go - Villiers's story - which should be a worthy ending to the series.
on 30 January 2013
Have read a lot of Eloisa James' books and love her - definitely worth a read - as are her other books.
on 5 December 2013
If you like a good romantic story with a big dollop of humour...this is the book for you. I loved it.
on 15 October 2015
Absolutely unputdownable like all her books
on 22 November 2015
Not as good as Kiss at Midnight
on 8 December 2012
This is my second favourite book by Eloisa James, I really enjoyed reading it. This is the story of Elijah and Jemma. After having caught him with his mistress! Jemma flees to France and has been there for the past nine years. Elijah has a heart condition and decides to summon her home to ensure that he has an heir before he dies. The story now truly begins with with renewed courtship and of course his failing health. Both are excellent chess players, which I found amusing though I do not understand the full extent of the game myself but after reading their "bed scene" I may investigate further!! The other added pleasure of this book was Villiers, I love this man! and cannot wait to read his own story.

This is a love story complete with a happy ending, just as I like it, with some sexy scenes, some laugh out loud scenes (Villiers again!!) and some real in-depth emotion. Highly recommended
on 17 January 2010
having read about jemma and elijah beaumont in the first 4 books in the duchesses series its not finally their turn. having been apart for 9 years, jemma living in paris and him in london they finally decide to give it another go, to provide an heir for the dukedom. villiers pops up to aid the couple into getting it right and also his story continues in this book leading up to the next book "A duke of her own" where we see his hunt for a wife.
on 14 November 2009
Brilliant as all the books in the series are! Witty, funny and so romantic. Can't wait for Villiers story!! Any idea when is coming out?