5.0 out of 5 stars Series has hit it's stride, 31 Oct. 2009
Claire Mill "Cem" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dawnbreaker: The Third Dark Days Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
Dawnbreaker is the third book in the Dark Days series. It takes place a little while after the events of book two, Dayhunter, and Mira is back in her domain, Savannah.

This third book starts off with a punch as Mira, along with three of her 'family', are in their car being chased by several of the Naturi. In the middle of the fight, Danaus, a vampire hunter, returns to help Mira out. The Naturi are gathering their forces once more, determined to free their trapped queen, Aurora. Rowe, her husband and strongest supporter, wants Mira there to see it.

But before anything can happen at Machu Picchu, the place of Mira's nightmares, where centuries ago she was tortured by the naturi and they failed to open the door between worlds, Mira must deal with the problems closer to home. Namely, the naturi taking over control of the werewolves, once strong allies of the nightwalkers, in an attempt to catch Mira in a trap.

For me, this series has just gotten better, and this is the book where I feel it's really hit it's stride. The pacing is good and fast with plenty of action, with some great twists. Mira is tougher than we've seen her, more in control and determined, not to mention showing some cool new powers. And I like it, a lot. She and Danaus continue to keep the other alive, so that they can kill each other one day. Except, at this point, the threats are sounding more like foreplay. They have great tension and dynamic to their relationship and I'm hoping the next book or two sees it become a romantic involvement. Dawnbreaker also sees the introduction of a couple new and interesting characters, in particular a rouge naturi princess. And we get a better look at a couple previously seen characters as well.

Overall, easily the best book in the series so far. The next two books in the series are out next year, the first of which, Prey For Dawn, will be in Danaus' perspective for the first time. Personally, I can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 3 Dec. 2009
I have read all three of this series and really enjoyed them. I am not a great fan of 1st person so a book has to be good for me to try it. I read the reviews on the first book and decided to give it a go, I then had to wait to get the next 2 which I read staight away as I couldn't wait to get into their world again.A dark,dangerous violent world but the authors never lets it become too much and the humour is delightful, I don't often laugh aloud probably because of the unexpectedness of it. I don't need to descibe the story the other reviews do that very well.
I just hope their are more to come please!!! J Drake.

4.0 out of 5 stars nearly great... nearly., 9 Nov. 2009
This is the third book in the series for author J.D. its more of an urban fantasy than paranormal romance, which is a complete shame. a few coupling scenes in the book would have given the book an ooomph!. having said that, there basis for a romance is there it's just very premature which is sad as this is the third book, it shouldve kicked off by now. The action is fantastic, the ideas are great. if you just like action with imagination and are not a huge para/romance then you will love this book, if however you love jr ward/kenyon/feehan/jaq frank style work, it'll be an average read for you,.

( i dont particularly like telling people what the story is about, just my view on the type of book it is and isn't. much more exciting that way)

Dawnbreaker: The Third Dark Days Novel
Dawnbreaker: The Third Dark Days Novel by Jocelynn Drake (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Oct. 2009)
In stock on January 30, 2015