5.0 out of 5 stars Need Leonard Maltin's Movie & Video Guide
This film encyclopedia is great for looking up people. I keep it next to the TV. When "The Deadly Mantis" (1957) ASIN: 6302763916 came on I looked up William Alland. I knew he also produced "It Came From Outer Space" (1953). What I did not know was that he was a stage manager for Orson Welles's Mercury Theater.

This book is like "Connections." You can follow...
Published on 10 April 2010 by bernie

2.0 out of 5 stars OK if you are in the USA
This book is very U.S.-centric. Many good, not to say well known on this side of the pond are absent. To be honest I can find more info, quicker, on the Internet.
Published on 4 Feb 2009 by I. M. Forrest

5.0 out of 5 stars Need Leonard Maltin's Movie & Video Guide, 10 April 2010
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Film Encyclopedia: The Complete Guide to Film and the Film Industry (Film Encyclopedia) (Paperback)

This book is like "Connections." You can follow the producers and actors.

What you can not do is follow the films. The title on this book is misleading It should be "The Actor and Producer Encyclopedia." You still need Leonard Maltin's Movie & Video Guide to find the person to look up in this book. Sorry for the four stars but there is not even an index.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK if you are in the USA, 4 Feb 2009