4.0 out of 5 stars Fluffy & Fun
Published on 7 May 2012 by carly

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice little read, but no more
The idea of this book is very very good, having three (very talented) writers write a part each, but the result is not.

I've given it three stars simply because I did finish it, and parts did make me laugh, but if the book had been stolen from me halfway through, I don't think I would have bothered buying a new copy.

The problem is, that there are...
Published on 22 May 2012 by Lomfise

4.0 out of 5 stars Fluffy & Fun, 7 May 2012
carly (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
The Lady Most Likely is a truly spectacular novel, that is written in 3 parts. It is 3 stories within one story which is very different from anything I have ever read before and I loved it. This is a fun, fluffy, sexy book that was warm, satisfying and put a big smile on my face. Hats off to Julia Quinn, Eloisa James and Connie Brockway for bring this wonderful MUST read book to the table.

Hugh Dunne is the Earl of Briarly and after a scare from a horse training accident he feels he needs to find himself a wife. So he has his sister Carolyn make him a list of all the available and the best young ladies on the market. Carolyn is a bit of a matchmaker and is delighted with the idea of pairing Hugh off. So she invites the young ladies and some fine gentlemen to her house for a house party. But will things go as she plans?

Not likely, Hugh will need to work fast if he has any hopes of securing any ladies hand, as his friends are also showing a keen interest. But Hugh can't seem to tear himself away from the stables, where he is training his Arabian racehorse. And while some matchmaking may be going on with some of the ladies and gentlemen, Hugh sets his sights on an unlikely lady. But will she even consider him?

The novel tied up beautifully in the end and I was overjoyed for all the new lovebirds. The Lady Most Likely is a delightful quick read that I would highly recommend to fans of the historical romance genre, or even new readers to the genre. Add it to your Goodreads shelf today or buy it on Amazon.

Favourite Quotes:

"Gerogina had an overwhelming urge to run. He was absurdly different from the men she had known. Too much, too male, too strong, too - too everything. "

"Something that was for her alone. Something that stole the breath from her chest and sent a shiver down her spine."

"Because if he looked like he was unaffected by her smile, then she would not realise that, in actuality, he was in an utter panic because somewhere deep down inside he'd realised that his life had just changed forever."

My Favourite Characters:

Kate : She is outspoken and probably the most unlady like out of the group of ladies. She speaks her mind and it makes some people feel uncomfortable. I love her charming nature and I think she could be wild behind closed doors.

Georgina : She has a very quiet , reserved manner and after the death of her husband she is still quite down. But she is intelligent, witty and definitely has a devilish side :)

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice little read, but no more, 22 May 2012

The problem is, that there are simply too many heroes and heroines, and they all need to have their happy ending. But they each have so few pages, that there isn't time for you to get to know these characters or feel any kind of interest or sympathy towards them. They fall in love at first sight or are already in love when their part of the story begins. There's no drama, no conflict or villains, and it's all just a bit... boring.

As written above, I like the idea, but I think it would have been better done over three separate books.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems With This Purchase, 23 Jan 2014
No Problems With This Purchase, books arrrived as described & on time, no issues with this purchase, would use them again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Skip to "The Lady Most Willing", 11 Jan 2014
Got this after the sequel and to be honest, could have given it a miss. It's predictable and a little slow compared to the lady most willing - it's obvious where the three authors swap over it just doesn't gel very well.

Skip to the sequel it's by far the better book.

5.0 out of 5 stars you've gotta love the duck, 6 Jan 2014
As always these authors have outdone themselves managing to take three different stories and combine them into one without the loss of narrative that you often get with these types compilations. Three entertaining heartwarming stories woven together by equally heartwarming characters of a sister and her husband and the birthday gift of a duck that just wasn't meant to be explained.

3.0 out of 5 stars AUTHOR ERRORS, 23 Dec 2013
I thought I would have enjoyed this book, and I did reading this first section, but, as so often happens, with similar books of this nature, when a story is written by 3 different authors, they do not read the previous sections. Mistakes happen, the name Charter was changed to Chartres!!, modern language and expressions were used. this story was supposed to have taken place in the Regency period, and some of the circumstances wouldn't have happened,

4.0 out of 5 stars the lady most likely, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Lady Most Likely...: A Novel in Three Parts (Mass Market Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book!I always find it a little strange when readers critisize the compilations. The short stories are never in depth studies of character or plot, but do exactly what you want from a collection of short tales...give you a pleasant read when you need something quick to pick up and handy for when you are in between long novels.. perfect for mums on the run! I also find they are great if you want to try out a new authour and dont want to plunge into the expense of a large novel. I thought this was great, entertaining and very funny and it introduced me to connie brockway whose novels i have not read before so thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Will he get his ideal woman?, 10 May 2012
Sharon (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Hugh Dunne has reluctantly come to the conclusion that its time for him to settle down and find a wife but it will need to be someone who can put up with his endless hours spent training his beloved horses. But he knows that he's better equipped at sourcing horses than finding the perfect woman so he decides to ask his sister Carolyn to draw up a list of potential brides for him although in his own mind he knows exactly who he'd choose but she's off the market.

Carolyn knows just who she thinks would be perfect for him, Gwendolyn Passmore and Katherine Peyton, but as the season is over she decides to hold a house party and invite some of the finest young ladies but also some eligible bachelors to make up the numbers. But as she soon finds out inviting other bachelors soon plays havoc with her attempts to match Hugh to either Gwen or Kate. Can he woo either of them before someone else does?

I liked the fact that although this is one book, it was written by a collaboration of three authors Julia Quinn, Eloisa James and Connie, and is in effect a story told in 3 parts regarding the 3 developing relationships.

This was an extremely easy book to read and I found that I kept wanting to read just one more chapter to find out did Hugh get his perfect woman in the end. But first of all you had to read about the other two match ups which were also enjoyable to read about. I definitely think he won the heart of the right woman in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Regency rom-com, 21 Jun 2012
DizzyC "carol36" (East Anglia, England) - See all my reviews
Hugh has a brush with death that makes him revalue his life and decide it is time he settled down. Not an easy task when he spends most of his time in the stables with his prized racehorses.

He asks his sister to write a list of eligible ladies, only to find that the season has ended and he has missed the boat or dance as the case may be.

His sister has the answer, a weekend house party inviting all the eligible ladies she has chosen a few men to even out the numbers.

Hugh is brilliant with horses but does not find it so easy to understand the ladies. As the ladies on the list as peeled off one by one but other bachelors at the party, Hugh decides he must find a match.

He finds love with a lady not on the list and falls completely. Will it work out?

This novel is brilliant. I was expecting a gentle regency romantic tale, which I do enjoy, but this one can only be described as a regency rom-com. It had me giggling away and could rival Bridget Jones any day.
The weekend fun and frolics kept me entertained right to the very last page. Such a shame the weekend came to an end.

I particularly enjoyed the surprise that Georgina found with Hugh. Naughty but very funny.

I understand there may be a sequel. I do hope so. :)

5 out of 5 for me!

Thank you Piatkus for a review copy. This did not influence my review in any way

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read., 5 Feb 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I am a huge fan of Julia Quinn and thought it was a great intrduction to the writing styles of Eloisa James and Connie Brockway , neither of whom I have read before.The characters were funny and entertaining and overall it was a light,happy book.It certainly does have some laugh out loud moments and all the authors made a good use of irony.I would highly recommend it as an excellent read.

The Lady Most Likely...: A Novel in Three Parts
The Lady Most Likely...: A Novel in Three Parts by Eloisa James (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Jan 2011)
Used & New from: 0.01