on 14 January 2007
Perhaps the original had more spark before translation. This is a perfectably readable rambling collection of memoirs that may or may not be true. The narrator divides her attention between present and past engagements as a domestic servant. Some episodes are mildly amusing, but those looking for titillation should look elsewhere.
on 30 September 2003
As a chambermaid who is frequently violated by both male and female guests in circumstances of extreme depravity, I can assure you that every word of this novel is founded upon experience. It's a thoroughly delicious read, especially if you enjoy pain and humiliation as much as I do. See you around, boys.
on 4 December 2000
I want to review the book for one simple reason. Having seen the ravings abut the "Torture garden", I feel sorry that no one said anything about this. Very simple, but above all astonishments with it's pure brutality. I wouldn't feel comfortable writing twenty lines. I would just like to tell that you should read it.