5.0 out of 5 stars A bartender's must!!!
Published on 27 May 2001 by Ulric Nijs

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring?
Published on 18 Jun. 2011 by Jade S

5.0 out of 5 stars A bartender's must!!!, 27 May 2001
Ulric Nijs (London, n.a United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bartender's Bible: 1001 Mixed Drinks and Everything You Need to Know to Set Up Your Bar (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is an absolut must for any aspiring, or profesional bartender! It has a comprehensive cocktail listing, all packaged in a very user friendly format. It also provides very thorough and brief description of all the essential spirits -distilation, history... However, the paper back format is a little bit dissapointing, and it is well worth spending the little bit extra for the hardcover. P.s. For any aspiring British bartenders looking for a career in "Match", buy this book, as most of the informations in their training course is included here!

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring?, 18 Jun. 2011
I can not knock the description of the book, It's spot on. I'm just writing this so there isn't anybody making the same assumptions I made. If your wanting a more visual book with colourful pictures like me, then look elsewhere. Its purely descriptive, no pictures. I was abit dissapointed when I flipped through it to find only words and absolutely nothing else...Too bland and boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Drink Index!!!, 31 Jan. 1999
By A Customer
I think this book is great! I am very happy I purchased this book, because I found some recipies for some drinks I had long forgotten how to make. I love the index in the back of the book, I can find drinks my major ingredient or by the name of the drink. It's very helpful when I'm tending my home bar during parties. I've also picked up a few new "favorite" drinks by experimenting from this book. Pick up a copy today!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect., 12 Oct. 2013
This book is good, it's very informative and there is an absolutely amazing amount of cocktails in it. However it's a fair bit from perfect. The book itself is pretty ugly (which I know, doesn't technically matter, but I like pictures)

It's good if you want a huge list of cocktails at your disposal, but you'll never get to try them all, and some are practically the same with just the most minuscule of differences such that they should have been left out, it feels like some were simply a making up numbers situation.

I did absolutely love the Versatile cocktails section at the back, that's something I haven't seen before and is very handy.

The books explanation of sweet and sour drinks will help you understand the concept very quickly if you haven't already grasped it properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is just what I researched the internet for. ..., 17 Oct. 2014
This is just what I researched the internet for. I was looking for a spiral bound book (to lie flat on the bar), divided up by base liqueur (Scotch, Vodka, Gin, etc), had to have 1000 recipes all individually numbered, alphabetical index at back. But the bonus was fantastically interesting names for all the cocktails, all the old ones plus lots of new ones, and all the info you'll ever need about everything to do with cocktails. Worth reading and studying as well as picking amusing drinks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good indeed!, 30 Dec. 2010
I liked this book from the first time I saw it. The drawback is the lack of pictures and illustrations. But at the same time, this leaves more space for recepes. I use this one all the time! But for european users, the measuring might be a tad difficult. I hjave made a simple rule for converting the measurements, by simply cutting the measurements in half and use the closest 0.5 cl.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice! hic!, 14 Jan. 2012
A great little book. takes you through everything you need, in regard to equipment & ingredients. has just about every cocktail you have ever heard of...and some weird ones you just have to try out ...be warned alcohol can affect your memory...
i highly recommend these shoes top quality, thanks for your email!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Feb. 2011
R. Serrell (Wolverhampton, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent book with lots of recipes all organised by base spirit, along with the history and other knowledge on each spirit.

Online downside for me is that measurements are in ounces not ml but its American so that was to be expected.

I recommended the ring bound edition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Copious amounts of alcohol, 11 Feb. 2013
There are an amazing collection of drinks within this book, I merely wish I had someone other that Gary Regan and his horrendous abuse of my liver to keep me company. Great for the lonely man,

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 28 July 2013
Even if you don't need it, it's a good read. Although the author and I will have to go our separate ways on the subject of martinis