5.0 out of 5 stars Swashbucklingly sensual and hootingly funny!
I bought this book recently based on the reviews it's got here and I can say that they are correct. This is a tale of romance on the high seas for all romance fiction readers.
Published on 22 Feb. 2004 by Sue Lewendon

3.0 out of 5 stars ... overly domineering men and women who give in too easily. Not bad though
This was an okay story get a bit tired of overly domineering men and women who give in too easily. Not bad though.
Published 4 months ago by marnie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Swashbucklingly sensual and hootingly funny!, 22 Feb. 2004
Sue Lewendon "Film fanatic" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: A Pirate of Her Own (Mass Market Paperback)
It's the story of Serenity, a woman who longs to be a journalist but who is shackled by society and expectations. She writes a story about a man who is attacking British ships carrying American soldiers and setting them free. His name is Morgan Drake, but Serenity doesn't know his true identity, she knows him only as the Sea Wolf.
The article however reaches the ears of Morgan and he is less than pleased that his identity is at stake. He decides to track down this journalist and make them stop by whatever means necessary.
What ensues is a wonderfully funny and romantic tale as the two find out that neither is what they expected. This is the first book I have read by Kinley and I am definately going to read her other books.
She has managed to captivate my heart with this tale. Serenity is delightfully annoying to Morgan, while at the same time driving him insane with desire for her. You can practically feel the sexual tension pulsing up from the pages.
I fully recommend this title to any romance fan, and hope you find as much joy and pleasure from this book as I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the decade's best!, 18 Feb. 1999
This review is from: A Pirate of Her Own (Mass Market Paperback)
This is truly one of the best books I have ever read. Serenity is a breath of fresh air and Morgan is one of those heroes who just leaps off the pages. The only thing I hated was finishing it. I hope we see a lot more of this author. I don't think I've ever laughed harder than I did in this book. Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasured keeper, 2 April 1999
This review is from: A Pirate of Her Own (Mass Market Paperback)
I've always been a sucker for a smart heroine and Serenity James is certainly that. She gives Morgan a real run for his money. Morgan is tall, dark, dangerous and handsome and one of the best heroes I've read in a long, long, while. I coulnd't put the book down! It was wonderful and enchanting and I can't remember the last time I laughed harder in a book. Ms. MacGregor is surely the next great romance writer. This book runs the full gamut of emotions, and I enjoyed feeling each and every one. I can't wait to read her next adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 5 April 1999
This review is from: A Pirate of Her Own (Mass Market Paperback)
I stayed up half the night to finish this book, and boy am I glad I did even though I'm so tired today that I can barely stay awake! There wasn't a slow spot in the actionn at all. I am in love with Morgan and with this writer! Ms. MacGregor has a new fan who intends to buy everything she writes!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!, 5 April 1999
This review is from: A Pirate of Her Own (Mass Market Paperback)
I've been reading romance for years and you can't imagine how many romances I've read, but never, ever have I read a book i loved more than this one! It had it all. Great sex, great humor, great characters. Morgan is to die for! Thank you Kinley for a wonderful read!

5.0 out of 5 stars words cannot describe it!, 11 April 1999
This review is from: A Pirate of Her Own (Mass Market Paperback)
I spent my entire saturday reading this book because I'm a slow reader and I absolutely could not put it down. This is one of the best books I've ever had the pleasure of reading. It was hysterical without being stupid, insipid or insulting, incredibly sexy and romantic without being vulgar.
Finally, an author who has found the right balance of everything. Thank you Kinley for an incredibly good read at a point in my life when I really did need a good laugh. I'm going to treasure this book forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular, 5 April 1999
This review is from: A Pirate of Her Own (Mass Market Paperback)
This is a pirate book at it's best! Wonderful humor, great characters. This book ranks right up there with The Windflower! I can't remember the last time I read a book that touched me as much as this one did, or found a hero I loved more then Morgan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy and captivating, an instant classic, 6 Mar. 1999
This review is from: A Pirate of Her Own (Mass Market Paperback)
I don't normally recommend books, but I had to speak out on this one. It is incredible! Morgan and Serenity are wonderful. I love the scene where she's waiting for him in the cabin and the one where she's with Stanley and their baiting Morgan! What a hoot. I don't think I've ever laughed harder or enjoyed anything more.
I've always been partial to pirate books anyway and this one is more than exceptional in that area. The plotting is rich and seamless and like watching Raiders of the Lost Arc it leaves you breathless and on the edge of your seat just waiting to see what's on the next page. It was just so different and creative, just when I thought I knew what to expect, the author surprised me again and again. The characters are all so expertly drawn that you know each and every one of them.you really get a feel for the time and setting. This book is destined to become a pirate classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL!!, 10 April 1999
This review is from: A Pirate of Her Own (Mass Market Paperback)
I couldn't put the book down. In fact, I read it twice within a week's time. There were times I was in tears from laughing. It was the perfect combination of love, humor, and action. I fully intend to read all her books. This was well worth the time and money spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh Out Loud Funny, 28 April 1999
This review is from: A Pirate of Her Own (Mass Market Paperback)
I can't remember the last time I read a book that touched so many emotions and had me laughing out loud so much. I even read parts to my husband! I can't wait to see her next and I hope Stanley gets a book of his own. He was a perfect hero, too!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

A Pirate of Her Own
A Pirate of Her Own by Kinley MacGregor (Mass Market Paperback - April 1999)