5.0 out of 5 stars on the edge of my seat wow
Published 15 months ago by Hannah

2.0 out of 5 stars Long and boring
Author needs to cut down on words which padded out a very poor story full of forgettable people glad to finish the book tried my patience to the extreme
Published 14 months ago by Lovely legs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars on the edge of my seat wow, 9 Jun 2013
I rarely NEED to finish a book so much that I forget to eat but I guess there's a first time for everything. Never have i ha my attention so fully held by an author. And it's been years since i didn't work out whodunit before everyone else. This book ha changed all that now. I loved it, couldn't put it down and the twist was phenomenal. Can't wait to read more by this author but not if I value my sleep! Good for anyone who wants a great read with humour and horror side by side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 13 Jun 2013
A good read. Plenty of murders and suspense, which will keep you guessing. The only criticism is how the two main characters always think they know what the other means by their body language or tiny eye movements. This was the same in the last Dreyer book I read but she is such a good writer, don't let it put you off.

2.0 out of 5 stars Long and boring, 28 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars another very good thriller, 27 May 2013
read 2 of her books back to back - different in style but full of twists and turns. Very enjoyable characters / dialogue / etc. Will definitely read more.

3.0 out of 5 stars kindle version, 15 Jan 2014
I found it very difficult to get into this story, but it filled a couple of wet days in the caravan

2.0 out of 5 stars Where do I start, 1 Nov 2013
From the reviews I was looking forward to this novel and a new author to me. The first half of the book was so boring that many times I thought of throwing in the towel. The two main characters were so insipid with a recovering police detective and a best-selling female author, who was to say the least particularly irritating with her nervous sense of humour. I was finding it hard to find any thrill in the so called thriller.
The second half of the book was an improvement, but it was not until the final section that the action kicked in. The book is set in a small American town where the locals are either inept or weird.
Will not be reading Eileen Dreyer in hurry again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Suspense is right!, 14 Oct 2013
Not until the last pages of this book do you know "who dun'nit". You can make a guess but it could be one of several people. I was reading into the early hours to try to find out, but had to put my Kindle down to get some sleep!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 1 Oct 2013
Good book with a few twists enjoyed it some interesting characters ,the plot moved quickly . It held my interest

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 20 Sep 2013
This was a great book. Really good characters, none of them like any other I'd read before. The plot was good and I look forward to reading more of Eileen Dreyer's books soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting with lots of twists, 10 Sep 2013
First book for a long time that I had to keep reading right until the end. Lots of interesting characters.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

If Looks Could Kill
If Looks Could Kill by Eileen Dreyer (Mass Market Paperback - Oct 1992)
Used & New from: £0.01