4.0 out of 5 stars Revealing the Mysteries
This book is one of the best I have read which in simple language explains the meaning of quantum theory and relativity. As it claims in its introduction no mathmatical knowledge is required nd no equations are used. I particulaly liked the analogies used to explains the difficult concepts involved and it is a book I shall return to. A good read
Published on 21 Sep 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars How appropriate this monster was written by Finkelstein.
I have to admit that Gary Zukav is the best reader you can get, as he has the best understanding of what he is trying to say. It is too bad for the abridgment as the book makes great leaps of faith as it is.
Published on 4 Oct 2004 by bernie

4.0 out of 5 stars Revealing the Mysteries, 21 Sep 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book on Quantum Mechanics Ever Written, 17 Oct 2004
M. Asher "FRSL" (Kenya) - See all my reviews
I had read several well known books on the new physics before I came across this one, but never really grasped what Quantum Mechanics was all about. This book took me into a galaxy of fascinating new worlds and new possibilities. I found it absolutely rivetting. At last, an author who understands how to put over incredibly complex concepts in comprehensible language. That. to me, is what good writing is all about. Thank you Gary Zukav - this book blew my mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars I still recommend this book to people, 10 April 2009
Neil Lucock (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this some 10 years ago and it's still in my mind as one of the better ones to buy if you want to understand the New Physics and the Chinese philosophical concepts that are really needed to understand the subject.You really need to take on board non-western methods of thinking, this book helps you to acquire the mental tools needed (Tzu-ju, Wu-wei etc). Once you understand the Chinese, you are able to understand the Physics.
Well worth buying

Neil

4.0 out of 5 stars I started here, 25 Feb 2005
This was the first book I read about new physics and the way science was going. I found it quite differcult to understand but I was only 15. Some of this stuff seams common knowlegde now, but I still think its a good book to start at and it has some thouhgt provocing questions if not all the answers you may need. I found some of the eastern religious thouhgts a bit differcult to comprehend but its only a small part and maybe adds to the story. Well written and well worth reading!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Dance, 11 Aug 2014
Da'aboth (Chiswick, London) - See all my reviews
Intriguing look at the subject, the author draws on his knowledge of the spiritual and the new reality in Physics (Wu Li).

5.0 out of 5 stars An enthralling read, 27 Nov 2004
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Gary Zukov takes the reader in hand and leads them throughout the minefield of complex physics in a simple and enjoyable manner.
Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars a present, 13 Jun 2013
a present that i have been informed from the recipient is first class and recommended.
apparently its both exciting and informative.
as i have said this is feedback from the relation for whom the book was bought for.
the book was in good condition and delivery first class.

1.0 out of 5 stars How appropriate this monster was written by Finkelstein., 4 Oct 2004
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Oh, my mistake I thought this was stitched together by Frankenstein not Finkelstein. Talk about gluten for punishment I read this twice. I swear the person that wrote this does not have a TV. I noticed that some reviewers refer to the "New Physics" is that like "New Age"?

90% of the matter must be missing from this book. Or how else can he take physics out of context and make such fantastic leaps to religions that he knows little of. He even twists the religion around to serve some unknown purpose.

Many people say they did not understand physics until this book. Surprises, you still do not. You now know what Zukav wished physics was. Take anti-mater for instants that does not mean the opposite of mater. And the relationship between particles has no correlation with the relationship of dogs and cats.

At least get it straight before mixing it up. Try some to these:

The Ascent of Man by Jacob Bronowski

The Upanishads by Eknath Easwaran (Editor)

Or just about any mainstream material on physics and religion.

Then if you still want to mix worlds into one read someone saner:

The Tao of Physics : An Exploration of the Parallels Between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism by Fritjof Capra

The Ascent of Man by Jacob Bronowski

The Upanishads by Eknath Easwaran (Editor), Michael N. Nagler (Photographer

Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra

1.0 out of 5 stars The Dancing Wu Li Masters, 3 July 2005
steve.uk (Leeds, W. Yorks. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I strongly urge potential readers NOT to confuse this book with any work of science. 'Psuedo' is the (politest!) word to keep in mind, in fact. More usefully it is best described as a distorted work of fiction. bernie-at-nationwide-net (above) makes some cogent observations. In short, to quote a very famous person I have forgotten, "This is not a book to be tossed away lightly; it should be thrown with great force!"
Please don't encourage the author by actually buying it.

Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics
Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics by Gary Zukav (Paperback - 1 Aug 2001)