5.0 out of 5 stars Challenges what you thought you knew about the swing!, 5 Jan 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Eight Step Golf Swing (Paperback)
If golf instruction books were like a sand trap they would be HELL BUNKER! This book is a diamond shinning from within it. I recieved this book for Xmas(2000),it is now the 5th of Jan(2001)and I have read it twice already! It is simple and easy on the eye. As you make your way through it you start to question some of the so called fundamentals that you may have picked from other books. Jim Mclean questions the way pro's teach us. He gives you the tools to hit the ball straight and long,Golf is not a black art it's a sport,a game. After reading the X-factor,I will be purchasing his other books. If like me you have a bookcase full of "Golf Insruction" books do yourself a favour and get this one. Get rid of some of your others at a Carboot sale! Jim Mclean Topman.

5.0 out of 5 stars I had 25 books and 10 videos - this book and one video survived., 12 Feb 2008
Chris Downing "Chris Downing" (Chippenham, Wilts England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Eight Step Golf Swing (Paperback)
When I really got the golf bug, I bought quite a lot of books and videos. In fact I had about 10 videos and 25 books on how to play. I eventually swapped reading about golf and watching videos about golf for steady practice. The two publications that helped me the most were Nick Faldo's video "Tips and Drills" - unfortunately on VHS format (but there is a Swing for Life book that's very similar) - and this book by Jim McLean. I played some really good golf based on what I learned in this book - so long as I put in the time on the practice ground. There's nothing much here about putting or the short game - it's all pretty much focused on getting you to repeat one solid swing from the tee or from the fairway. I found the shorter pitches were just a cut down version of what you find in this book. Then get a pro to teach you a good sand shot - don't think you can learn it well from a book. And putting is about practice - when I got injured and could only putt for hours on end for a month, I never three putted for months after a got back to playing again.

In my opinion, this is the best book Jim McLean has written and I've had a look and owned some of the others - this is the best golf book I ever used - and I felt at one point that I'd tried them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... do's and don'ts of a swing in a simple easy to understand format, 5 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Eight Step Golf Swing (Paperback)
A fabulous book that explains the do's and don'ts of a swing in a simple easy to understand format. It shows you not a fixed system or style but a swing that can be done in what Jim calls his corridor of success eliminating the amateurs "Death Moves" within the swing. I have been a single figure handicap golfer for thirty years but in the 3 months that I have been working through this book I have seen a steady improvement in my ball-striking and greater understanding of the areas that require improvement and I am confident that a single figure handicap will stay with me for many years to come from the knowledge gained from this book

5.0 out of 5 stars its golf, 18 Sep 2013
Mr. Colin Harding-mutter (devon, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Eight Step Golf Swing (Paperback)
I personally loved it you may not. Well written by one of the best teachers of the game. (the end)

The Eight Step Golf Swing
The Eight Step Golf Swing by Jim McLean (Paperback - 29 Mar 2001)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available