5.0 out of 5 stars All women should read this!!!!!
Im trying for a baby and so I bought this book.
But even if you are trying to prevent pregnancy, you will also need this book!

I love love love love it and I cannot rate it highly enough.
I now completely understand my body and therefore I am hoping to be pregnant soon!!
Published on 11 Oct 2011 by Miss Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Lax interpretation of FAM rules reduces effectiveness
Published on 24 Nov 2010 by Bianca

5.0 out of 5 stars All women should read this!!!!!, 11 Oct 2011
Miss Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control (Paperback)
Im trying for a baby and so I bought this book.
But even if you are trying to prevent pregnancy, you will also need this book!

I love love love love it and I cannot rate it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 31 Dec 2007
Excellent book, explains reproductive and contraceptive info in a way that's easy to understand and more comprehensive than the standard education most of us get on this subject. The most useful info re conception so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is possibly the best book I have ever bought!, 28 Jun 2014
This is possibly the best book I have ever bought. I bought in in good used condition and it is perfect. It is very informative and is not as "dry" as some similar books making it very easy to read and understand. My husband has also read it and seems to understand it despite having very little knowledge prior to this.

Since reading this book, I have used the method described in the book to avoid pregnancy for two years which I think proves its efficacy!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 8 Nov 2013
Was a very insightful book. Easy to read and understand. Could read the bits that you needed so didn't have to read it all

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 15 Aug 2013
The book was listed as used good condition. I was happy as it is VG condition. In addition to that it was a good price for the latest edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars fertility awareness, 2 July 2013
very informative - every woman and young girl should know about how their body works and to be able to interpret their fertility

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Jun 2013
Janelle Roach (London, England) - See all my reviews
Great book. Lots of information and it came in better condition than I thought it would (I bought it used). I'd recommend this book to others wanting more information on the topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver, 19 Mar 2013
This book is better than any doctor. Thanks to this book I hear good morning daddy every morning! Veeery recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars makes getting pregnant easy peasy!, 8 Jan 2012
recommended by a friend. I bought this book when I had one child and was randomly hoping to have more - at 36 y.o! I went on to have my second at 36, third at 37 and 4th at 39! It explains all the signs and symptoms of fertility, so that you can pinpoint when you can conceive and/or if there is a problem. Well worth having - and passing on, if you have daughters or friends!

3.0 out of 5 stars Lax interpretation of FAM rules reduces effectiveness, 24 Nov 2010
I purchased this book after having seen many good reviews on it. I already do use FAM for pregnancy avoidance for many months now. However, I do not recommend this particular book for a novice in FAM! The author's interpretation of the rules, particularly with regards to the less safe pre-ovulation phase, is very lax, which might get you pregnant quicker than you'd like!!! She states the effectiveness of her method with 98% - that is low compared to other studies (European study from 2004, which uses a stricter method and achieves an effectiveness of 99.6%, i.e. as effective as the pill!!!!).
Also, there is some wrong information in this book. The author says that it's ok to measure your basal temperature with a digital thermometer until the beep. Even manufacturers of digital thermometers state in the leaflet that comes with the thermometer that the value at the beep (typically after 30sec) is only a first approximation value. All other literature recommends 3min for a digital thermometer reading and 5min for an analogue thermometer reading. Additionally, she recommends taking your temperature orally, and only if you experience difficulties to take it vaginally. However, all other literature highlights the problems of oral temperature taking as very risky and prone to temperature reading errors. Measure vaginally or rectally if you want to be on the safe side and get clear temperature readings!
If you want to learn FAM with a more effective set of rules I recommend Margaret Nofzinger's book "A cooperative method of natural birth control".
I gave Toni's book 3 stars, because she incorporates a comprehensive and very useful list at the end of the book that explains which medication can influence your cervical fluid or temperature reading, which is unique and invaluable!

Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control