4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as I remembered, 13 Nov 2011
I remembered how my children loved "Bread and Jam for Frances" 30 years ago, and another story about Frances running away (under the dining table) so I ordered this set for my 4 year old granddaughter. The stories are very amusing but I hadn't remembered how American the language is, a bit off-putting at times. They also feel a bit dated. My granddaughter likes "Bread and Jam" because she's a fussy eater herself, but I've put the others away until she's older, maybe 5 or 6.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Frances Audio Collection, 12 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Frances Audio Collection (Audio CD)
Wonderful to have The Frances Audio Collection available on CD. My four (now grown up) children loved the Frances stories when they were young and years ago when we discovered a taped version available for loan at the local library - they grew to love the stories read by Glynis Johns. Russell Hoban writes beautifully for children and I feel these stories have not dated at all. They are as relevant today as when they were first written and continue to be very enjoyable; beautifully paced and jammed packed full of brilliantly accurate observation - a must for all pre-school children (and their parents!)

5.0 out of 5 stars As funny as I remembered, 30 Sep 2012
I bought these books for my four year old son because I loved them when I was young. They're still funny and relevant (fussy eaters, tiffs between friends) and my son really likes them. The little songs Frances sings make us laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and entertaining, 17 July 1999
By A Customer
The stories are narrated by Glynnis Johns, she played the mother in Mary Poppins. My children listened intently and laughed a lot at irrascible Frances. They asked for the stories over and over.

The Frances Audio Collection
The Frances Audio Collection by Russell Hoban (Audio CD - April 2006)
9.31