4.0 out of 5 stars The truth about diamonds... Nicole Richie
Published on 1 Jun 2006 by Louise

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm
This book was good (at the time) but the scandals are definately over now! It seems to be mainly about Paris Hilton and throwing her name (all-be it fake) in the dirt! It was good at the time, but i wouldn't read it now! Its more of a once you've read it you dont pick it up again sort of book! Probably best to go to the library!
Published on 9 Dec 2009 by GW

4.0 out of 5 stars The truth about diamonds... Nicole Richie, 1 Jun 2006
Louise (Coventry, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Truth About Diamonds (Hardcover)
As an avid follower of the antics of both Paris and Nicole, it was only logical that I was going to find this book eventually... and I'm really glad that I did! In it Nicole tells a semi autobiographical story of drugs and the high life in America's high society. I know that many of my friends were sceptical of me reading this book... it's not intellectual I know. But Nicole does write an easy to follow book and her language does create vivid scenes of LA nightlife. I would say, give it a go, everyone should read a frivolous book every now and then!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Duh!, 2 Aug 2006
Jake Turner (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Truth About Diamonds (Hardcover)
The people who are giving this book 1 & 2 stars were obviously not Nicole fans or were searching for a "best selling novel" This book is Nicoles version of an autobiography but she didn't want to join the ranks of stars who write their autobiography before they hit 30. It really tells you about the LA Party Circuit and offers some juicy secrets about Simone who infact is Paris Hilton. I loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Hot!, 13 Jan 2006
This review is from: The Truth About Diamonds (Hardcover)
This is the type of book that you just can't put down. I read it in a day and a half and loved every minute of it. There is ALOT of name dropping of recent celebs but it seems to fit with the theme of the book and the way it's written. Written from Nicole's point of view this book is about drugs, fame, fortune and make-up! Not exactly an interlectual novel but it's a sweet read with some heart-rending moments about her own life. Good if you are a fan of celebrities, better if you are a fan of Nicole!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm, 9 Dec 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 16 Jun 2014
I really enjoyed this book I will definatly download more.of nicoles books great read for a girl thank you nicole

5.0 out of 5 stars Girly novel, 9 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Truth About Diamonds (Hardcover)
I bought this to go on holiday, so I could have a good read on the plane! Nice girly novel easy reading..and I'm a nicole ritchie fan!

4.0 out of 5 stars Thinly-disguised autobiography, 18 Feb 2010
Roman Clodia (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I've always had a soft spot for Nicole Ritchie: she comes over as actually really sweet and nice beneath all the glamour, the drugs and the eating problems. And that is borne out by this book, which calls itself a novel but which is thinly-disguised autobiography.

Pretty plotless, don't read this is you're looking for a good story. It's a surprisingly moralistic look at young Hollywood, its absurdities and its ethical dyslexia. It may not be a huge revelation but Richie depicts a world where kids have everything they could ever want except love.

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I found Ritchie's style sharp, witty and ironic: the boy with "carpay diem (sic)" tattooed on his finger; the 300 pound boy who she describes as "it was like his growth spurt had happened horizontally"; or the anti-heroine Simone, "she lost everything that wasn't attached to her and even some stuff that was - all the cartilage in her nose, for example".

Not a particularly intelligent read but an entertaining one, even if it drops off halfway through. If you hate Heat, then avoid this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if you're a Nicole fan!, 1 Jan 2006
This review is from: The Truth About Diamonds (Hardcover)
Being a fan of Nicole and The Simple Life I thought this book was fab. Some parts of it are clearly based on her own life and it's fun working out which characters are based on which real people. Great to read if you're a Nicole fan, probably not so good if you're not!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't listen to the bad reviews....., 10 Feb 2006
This review is from: The Truth About Diamonds (Hardcover)
This is a brilliant book. Maybe i'm biased as a die hard fan of Nicole but if you figure out who Simone, Mikaela & Carrie are then there's some juicy & entertaining scoops on them! Loves it.
If you dont know who they all are then let me just say Simone = Paris. ;-)
I love this book so much that I dont want it to finish & I hope the rumours are true about her maybe doing another book.
Nicole is truly talented - a writer, singer, model & fashionista...... I love her even more with this book.
I dont know what the previous reviewer was talking about saying the pics were "tacky & narcissistic" - sounds like jealousy to me!!!! The pics inside were well worth the money (as if the book itself wasnt already!) Glossy, glamourous & "Hollywood" - I want them displayed on my walls!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 18 Nov 2014
Great book by Nicole Ritchie showing how life can be on LA.

The Truth About Diamonds
The Truth About Diamonds by Nicole Richie (Hardcover - 3 Nov 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01