Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 August 2015
A well thought out and organized book about the creational process of comic production, rather than a book about "how to draw comics". Anyone who is into visual arts as a way of transferring information - or indeed just as a form of entertainment - would do well to read this book.

Be advised that this book is a graphic novel about comics and graphic novels. Well... could it have been written any other way?
on 1 June 2011
Loved it! Read it after borrowing 'Understanding Comics' by the same author. This is a thoroughly engaging book about the craft of comics, thoughtful, thorough, beautiful and a real page-turner all at the same time - quite a feat! I know i will keep coming back to this book over and over again both as a reference and as an entertaining read
on 23 May 2011
Not finished reading this book yet, I am absorbing every little bit like a good meal. I would say, in my limited experience, if you have an interest in making comics, skip the starters and go straight to the steak by reading this book!
on 19 February 2015
Understanding Comics opened up the 'comic' to me at a time when I was already making comics for a living and just about to start teaching the subject. Now, some 10 years later, it's still the book that I present as the 'Comic Bible' in every course I teach.
I wasn't a fan of his second one (even forgotten the name), but this one picks up the thread and follows his brilliant way of analysing the medium in a visual and a fun way for 'us' sequential people :)
It's a must-have for those keen to dive deeper into the Neverland that the world of comics is...
on 23 July 2012
Fantastic book. Broken into easy to digest sections. Every page is well thought out. If you want to make a graphic novel, you really should take a look at this.
on 25 March 2013
great book wich shows structure in the way its ment to be done.
recommended to anyone looking to start comics
on 27 November 2012
my work is much better as my cartoons have developed and now i just have to try and complete my book
on 14 June 2014
Saw it in my uni library and wanted one. My little brother's birthday was coming and he likes to draw so I got it for him and we both love it. It is great for any artist in storytelling no matter the genre. Great buy!!!
on 30 April 2016
Amazing, couldn't recommend enough. If you love comics and want to make them, you need to get this book. McCloud has s great insight into the industry and shares his knowledge with everyone in this book.
on 2 May 2014
Goes into a lot more detail than other how to make comic's that i've picked up in the past and the actual design of it is excellent.