4.0 out of 5 stars Trip back to my Teen Angst Years...
I devoured this book - & as many other P Zindel books as I could find in the hinterland of Edinburgh in the 70's. It 'spoke' to my own sense of alienation, loneliness & growing awareness being completely out of step with the rest of the world in a way that no other books had at that time.
All of his books - "Hamburger..." "The Effect of Gamma Radiation..." "The...
Published 22 months ago by RazorGrrl

2.0 out of 5 stars poor
I wasn't a massive fan of this book. It took a while to get into and it was slow moving, dealing with the issue of teen pregnancy far too lightly in my opinion.
Those who prefer such issues to be handled delicately and (in my opinion) unrealistically should give it a go. But, if you are like me and prefer some grit/emotion then miss this one out.
Published on 27 Nov. 2008 by Sara Sayers

4.0 out of 5 stars Trip back to my Teen Angst Years..., 26 Jun. 2013
RazorGrrl (Greater Manchester) - See all my reviews
All of his books - "Hamburger..." "The Effect of Gamma Radiation..." "The Undertaker's Gone Bananas" & more - although a bit 'of their time' still appeal, I believe, to any young person or teenager who feels like a freak, geek or weirdo, & can't understand why they don't seem to "fit" the world around them & why they're starting to think that they're not sure they even want to...
These books made me feel less isolated & alone, & gave me hope that my future would get better. (It did!) It's really tragic that they seem to be so hard to get hold of, especially now that the formulaic Bella & the vampire/werewolf nonsense is so ubiquitous. Really worth a re-evaluation...

2.0 out of 5 stars poor, 27 Nov. 2008
This review is from: My Darling, My Hamburger: Simple Changes to Get the Most Out of Life for the Rest of Your Life (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful story of teenage angst, 20 July 2014
A wonderful story of teenage angst.....we've all been there and it is great for teenagers who themselves are struggling through this difficult period

Used & New from: £0.30