5.0 out of 5 stars Super Super Hero ABC!
Published on 12 Nov. 2009 by Zeke

3.0 out of 5 stars My 3 year old likes it.
So I have given this three stars because I dont like it but I must admit that my three year old really likes it.
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Super Hero ABC!, 12 Nov. 2009
Zeke (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Superhero ABC (Paperback)
A group of children at the Pre-School where I work had become interested in super heroes and this book was bought as part of a 'Super Hero' story/interest basket. It has since become a firm favourite with this group and many of the other children, all of whom are fascinated with the various powers that the super heroes possess. It is so good to have found an educational book that actually reflects the interests of children, especially boys, in the 3-5 years age group. It also gives a good 'balance' to the children's play - boisterous super hereoes can learn about letters! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this book to both Pre-School groups and to children at home and it would certainly also be suitable for older children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for discussion and learning, 5 Mar. 2011
Chipstick (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Superhero ABC (Paperback)
I bought this to stimulate ideas for our topic on Superheroes at school and what a fantastic resource it proved. There is a new superhero for each letter of the alphabet with lots of alliterative description about each. The illustrations are bright and bold and my class loved them.

This was a stimulus for lessons on alphabet work and to help the children invent and their own superhero. There is so much room for discussion and creativity.

This is wonderful book to share.

3.0 out of 5 stars My 3 year old likes it., 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Superhero ABC (Paperback)
I have a number of problems with it, the main one is that it is just too american for small children to understand all the words (Jay walking, kindergarten etc) Also its supposed to be an ABC book and all the letters are in capitals, no lower case at all so not helpful for teaching. Some of the superheros are just bizarre and some are gross (vomit man!)
Quite cant work out what age group this is aimed at.
Its a great idea and could have been amazing but it falls quite far short of that (If you are looking for a great superhero story for young children try "The amazing adventures of Bumble Bee Boy")

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning with Superhero!, 7 Feb. 2011
R. Woodhouse (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Superhero ABC (Paperback)
Great idea to create alphabet superheros. Children love Superheros, especially boys. Learning with fun! My 4 years old holding and reading this book all the time. Highly recommended for children who just start to learn Alphabet.

5.0 out of 5 stars F for flipping fantastic!, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Superhero ABC (Paperback)
This is the best alphabet book for toddlers with a penchant for superheroes. My 3 year old son, who is just discovering Spiderman, Superman and other men in pants (see U!) absolutely loves this book. The additional comments against each of the superheroes brings additional humour and interest. It has definitely helped his grasp of the individual letters of the alphabet and increased his own vocabulary in the most interesting way! Please, please Bob McLeod - more kids books...

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my little boy!!, 5 July 2012
This review is from: Superhero ABC (Paperback)
this book does A-Z using super heroes and is absolutely perfect for my little boy! It holds his attention and really has him interested - and he's learning! A great book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 9 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Superhero ABC (Paperback)
I bought this for my near 4 year old super hero loving son. It is excellent with great illustrations and really inventive characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 13 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Superhero ABC (Paperback)
Bought for my three and a half yr old son and he loves it. Tried other alphabet books with him but he loses interest quickly. With this book he wants to do his alphabets all the time and won't let the book out of his sight. The book is beautifully illustrated but none of the heroes are 'mainstream' but that didn't matter, my son just saw it as another 26 heroes to explore that he never even knew about!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super book., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Superhero ABC (Paperback)
Super book.... We spend lots of time making costumes for the various Super Heroes..... Has to be read with a sense of humour as its fairly quirky.......
Our son adores it...... And I've bought lots of copies as gifts....

5.0 out of 5 stars great book!, 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Superhero ABC (Paperback)
My four year old LOVES this,he invents his own super hero all the time, and so this is fabulous for him and his imagination! we read it over and over:)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Superhero ABC
Superhero ABC by Bob Mcleod (Paperback - 1 Oct. 2008)