5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely objective
Published on 17 Feb 2003 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable
I am still reading this book but very easy to read .I cant comment at the moment about the content.
Published 13 months ago by M. Boardman

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely objective, 17 Feb 2003
This review is from: Is the Bible True? (Paperback)
I found this book gave a well balanced viewpoint without obvious bias. The historical and archaeological content was interesting and there was plenty of it. I particularly liked the fact that the author's personal views didn't come across strongly as books like this are often spoilt by the author having a firmly held and usually extreme view - either every word is divine or every word is rubbish. This book was a refreshing change. I expected it to beinformative but hard going, and I couldn't have been more wrong. It was very interesting, with an eay to read style, and I found the parts about the early Christian church and other sects of the time very interesting, which I hadn't expected at all. Definitely recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable, 3 July 2013
M. Boardman "gargie" (carshalton,surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Is the Bible True? (Paperback)

Is the Bible True?: How Modern Debates and Discoveries Affirm the Essence of the Scriptures
Used & New from: 0.01